SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alexisls

Garden Planning - Where To Start?

alexisls
12 years ago

Last spring we purchased a house with a garden that has great potential but will need a lot of time and work.

I've got some gardening skills, but for investments in trees and other pricier perennials, I'd like some help to make sure I'm putting them in right and conditioning the soil to ensure they will thrive. And I'd like to have a cohesive vision of the whole garden, rather than just tackle a corner at a time, if that makes sense.

Ideally, I'd like to hire someone who can spend some time to look at the light exposure and soil, then incorporate some of my ideas with some of their own, and work with me to design a garden plan that I can implement in stages - some I would do myself and some I would hire out. In a perfect world, this would be a long term relationship, so I'm not looking for someone to just stick some shrubs in the ground and send me a bill.

Does this sort of thing exist? And if so, where would I look to find this type of person? Is that a landscape architect? Someone from my local nursery? Is there such a thing as a garden designer like there is a kitchen designer?

Thanks for any advice you can give!

Comments (3)

Sponsored