SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hanzrobo

Garden Web won't let me post pics from Flickr now - super lame

hanzrobo
10 years ago

Come on, GW. Get it together. I checked and Photobucket still works but not Flickr. The thing is, I stopped using Photobucket because Flickr is better and I don't plan on going back. Last night I prepared a new thread to share some recent stuff - after spending about 20 minutes adding multiple photos and text to go with, I get an error message when I hit preview!

This new bogus development coupled with all the invasive pop-up ads whenever you click anything is, for me, taking all the attraction away from this site.

Now, I understand why you can't post links to D-a-v-e-s G-a-r-d-e-n, or even type the words, it's another garden forum they don't want to promote. However, Flickr is a massive photo sharing site that goes hand-in-hand with this site. Yes, Flickr has a community where you can make friends and comment on each other's photos, but cutting the site off is a small-thinking move. Come to think of it, there's a place I know of where people can share photos, comment and ask questions that will be answered by knowledgeable people. She's called Flickr and you've driven me into her arms!

Many of you already have accounts there. Join us in the Flickrsphere, friends! This is a full on revolt... unless the problem is fixed soon, in which case abort mission.

To be clear, yes I know about the "choose file" button. That's not good enough. Also, I know it's their site and they can do what they want with it.

Can someone else confirm this for me? I might just be wrong... it's happened before.

This post was edited by hanzrobo on Fri, Dec 20, 13 at 14:22

Comments (7)