SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wpbarrett

new to gardening, just got meyer lemon, help

wpbarrett
16 years ago

Hi there- My wife just got a Meyer Lemon Tree for her birthday. The tree was shipped to her sisters house on Dec 5th. We got the tree on the 8th still in the orginal packaging it was shipped in. I think she might have tried to water it a few times before we got it. So i did some quick research and did my best to get this thing in a pot without making a mistake. I bought a 12" plastic pot with about 10 holes in the bottom. i bought one of those spacer things that fit at the bottom of the pot to prevent the roots from going all the way to the bottom. i put a 1" layer of potting soil in the bottom of the pot, i put the tree in, and covered it with potting soil so the roots were just covered. i watered it with about maybe a liter or water. i bought these 60 watt light bulbs that are suppose to be good for plants... NOW WHAT?!?!? Have i dont anything wrong to this point? how often and how much water should i give this? how much light? our condo faces east and the southern light is blocked by another wing of the building. will this tree be ok on mainly artifical light? are these 60 watt light bulbs gonna be ok? or should i find a better light source? what fertilizer do i buy? how often do i fertilize it? i need some sound advice if anyone has any to offer.. thanks in advance.

Comments (2)