SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hengal_gw

Boy do I need help with a garden bed overhaul please!

hengal
17 years ago

Hi there! I'm hoping some of you can help me. I need help with a bed our garage that I've (actually DH by my request) wiped out except for a few plants. Each year I get really busy in the summer and I would really like to replant this bed with perennials that won't necessarily get straggly looking, and are relatively easy care. The bed is roughly 20' long and 6' wide and is bordered in the back by a white picket fence. The only plants that are in there as of the end of the season are four helianthus (perennial sunflower) that are in the very back of the bed. They get pretty bushy and about 3 feet tall. Very sturdy. The only thing that comes to mind for the rest is maybe stella d'ora day lillys and some hosta varieties, but how boring is that? What about flowering shrubs? Can you help me please? I've gardened for a long time but I've never been really good at planning out a garden bed. Usually things just get plopped in the ground and the heights are mixed. I'm not a neat freak by any means, and don't particulary care for formal gardens, but I'd like to do something that doesn't look like an overgrown train wreck by mid summer.

Thanks so much for your help! (Oh, the bed gets full sun from noon on.)

Teri :)

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations