SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katlynn719

Daylily Beds (pic heavy)

katlynn719
12 years ago

Since it's slow on the forum now, I thought I'd post some shots of my daylily beds. Although I hate to take flower bed shots and never feel satisfied with my photos, I enjoy looking at them the most - they are my favorite and I get lots of my ideas by looking at yours!

This first shot is a row of eyed and patterned daylilies that runs in front of the birdbath. These were all new last year and the bloom was skimpy. But they should perform well this year.

{{gwi:653820}}

To the right of the birdbath is what I call my spider daylily bed. They are all colors and interplanted with balloon flowers, daisy's, coneflowers, bulbs, etc.

{{gwi:653822}}

A close-up of the spider bed -

{{gwi:653823}}

I call this next bed my Legustrum bed (because it's the biggest thing it that bed). The daylilies are hot colors. The big plant in front of the legustrum is a crinum lily.

{{gwi:653824}}

This is the same bed, but later in the year. The daylilies are mostly finished, but the black-eyed susan, hibiscus and zinnia's provide some color.

{{gwi:653825}}

I moved the tipsy pots last year. They are now in front of a group of crinum lilies with a row of daylilies close to the edge of the bed. I need to get a better shot of this bed next year.

{{gwi:653826}}

This bed is mostly purple, white and yellow daylilies.

{{gwi:653827}}

There is a swing beside the bed above and on the other side of the swing is a hot colored bed -

{{gwi:653828}}

The double daylily bed -

{{gwi:653829}}

The crape mrytle bed is mostly pink and purple daylilies with vines along the fence -

{{gwi:653830}}

This is the crape myrtle bed later in the year after the daylilies have mostly finished -

{{gwi:653831}}

This is seedling bed #1, inside the back yard, with two years growth -

{{gwi:653832}}

Ater 2 years, if the seedling makes the cut, it is moved to another daylily bed, usually this one (outside the fence). Here is the bed in early April with amaryllis seedlings blooming -

{{gwi:653834}}

Although I don't get much overlap, sometimes a few amaryllis will last until the daylilies start blooming -

{{gwi:653835}}

I'm so tired of winter and ready to see some blooms. Hurry up Spring!

Kathy

Comments (32)