SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Adding even more seating to the garden :)

lavender_lass
13 years ago

So, I'm getting in the 'gardening mood' now that the holidays are over...and the seed catalogs are showing up! Very exciting! One thing I want to do is add more seating to the garden...mine and my mom's.

At home, I want to create a little patio area for the BBQ and the table and four chairs (with umbrella) that we got last year. It's too darn hot in back (west side) and we need to find some shade. My husband loves to BBQ, but we end up eating so late, especially when it's light until 9:30 in June. We're thinking of maybe moving everything, over by the lilac hedge. Nice shade and still a view out the back...to see the horses :)

The other thing I'd like to do...find a nice settee/loveseat and a couple of chairs (not sure what material) but something I can leave out in the snow and add cushions to, in the summer. I really want to create a nicer/larger area for tea. I love to have tea with my friends and famiy, but I need to seat at least four. Right now, I have a cute place for two on the porch, but a bigger space would be wonderful!

For my mom, we're moving her potager to the front yard...and it gives us the opportunity to add a few more benches and maybe a little seating area. She loves seating areas, even a small bench, where she can sit and enjoy the garden. She says every view should have its own spot to enjoy it! Plus, everyone needs to sit down, take a break, and/or have a place to set down your tools and a cool beverage!

So, anyone else planning new seating areas?

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville