SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bambi_too

Buyer BEWARE ebay scammer!

bambi_too
15 years ago

Last week I was sharing some photos from a visit to Ashwood Gardens with friends on a South African Garden Forum. I also posted the link to Richards web site so they could see his intros since most of my photos were of seedlings.

Well there has been a listing for PIXIE WINGS on ebay for months, it is a stunning flower, and I have been lusting for it for months. I have nearly purchased it a dozen or so times, but each time after reading the listing didn't. There is a whole bunch of general information about daylilys, but no where in the listing does it tell you what you are really buying, and parts of the listing are just plain rude.

Anyway I had finished posting an installment to the forum and decided to go to Richards site and see the updates. I am really interested in his SUBSTANTIAL EVIDENCE line. You cannot imagine how surprised I was to find the photo of "PIXIE WINGS" at the bottom of the page. It is actually a seedling of Richards, and none of it has ever left his garden. I e-mailed Richard about it and followed up with a call the next morning. He is upset that someone is using his photo to commit fraud. It has been reported to ebay, and the listings are still there. Richard, I, and others have sent the seller messages through ebay, and none of us has received a response. None of us are surprised either after reading the listings.

The really bad part is they are offering a lot of other plants, using hybridizer photos, but they have changed the names. GOT MILK, is GOTHIC MILK, but there are more. they have even stolen the informational portion of the listing from another web site, the owner of which has been notified.

Please, if you should bother to go and check out the listings, report the PIXIE WINGS listing as fradulent to ebay. If they get enough complaints they may cancel them.

I did purchase something from them yesterday, and paid using paypal so I could gain their name, address, and e-mail address. They have been forwarded to Richard, so he can contact the seller outside of ebay, and let him know that we know who he is now, and that he needs to stop.

Remember not all the sellers on ebay are bad, there are a number of good ones.

Comments (58)

• lovelyiris
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Oh My,
    I have bought over 90% of all my daylilies from the Lily Auction. Please set me straight, your talking about EBAY and not the L.A. correct?

This past year alot of us were scammed on Ebay by a couple of people selling Brugmansias that were not the ones they were sold as. Matter of fact nearly every brug I bought ended up being Frosty Pink a very common brug.Needless to say I was very unhappy considering I was suppose to be getting double and triple blooming plants. It's a shame that people feel the need to rip others off like this.

Thanks for the heads up!
    Marian

• pamghatten
    15 years ago

Yes, this is Ebay and not the Lily Auction. This has been a hot topic on the AHS Email Robin, and needs to continue to be a hot topic here also.

Pam

• Related Discussions

anyone remember the ebay scammer from last spring?

Q

Comments (4)
    It also looks like a tissue culture I had from Indian Sky...LOL!! I had plants from him before but this last time I got 2 that was wrong and he would not reply to my messages. To bad but I don't buy from e-bay I stick with the LA where I can keep up with the vendors.. It helps that you like it though...Ellie
    ...See More

Buyer Beware on E-Bay. .

Q

Comments (4)
    I've been buying on eBay and exclusively using PayPal for many, many years. Things may have changed with PayPal in the ensuing years, but when I signed up you put in a credit card number, and all of your payments were against the credit card. There was a PayPal limit of $2,000 that could be charged against the card. After that, if you still wanted to use PayPal you had to give them your checking account number. PayPal then made three random deposits in very tiny amounts (like anywhere from five cents to a dollar); and those deposits were made on different days. You then had to key into PayPal the dates and amounts of the deposits. This verified to them that the account was, indeed, your own account. (And you got to keep whatever amounts they deposited into your checking account.) After that you have the option of paying for an auction by putting it against your credit card or by a cash transfer from your checking account. I only pay for things with a cash transfer if it is $15 or less (including shipping). But if it's a larger amount, or if the seller is relatively new, I'll put it against my credit card because I like the protection that a credit card payment affords -- if an item doesn't show up, or if it is substantially different than what was advertised, I can notify my CC company and cancel payment. I like to pay for my winnings as soon as possible. But, I never, ever, make the payment until the notice shows up in my Inbox that I've won the auction.
    ...See More

Craigs List Scammers

Q

Comments (28)
    Here's the warning from CL, boldly posted in the 'cars/trucks'section: How to recognize a vehicle scam attempt on CL: Shipping a vehicle to you is suggested by seller eBay Motors or another intermediary is specified by seller Payment by Western Union or a money wire is requested Price is unusually low (fraction of blue book value) If you see these tell-tale signs, flag ad as "prohibited" and avoid Offers to ship a vehicle are virtually 100% fraudulent eBay has no involvment in craigslist for sale ads, and any eBay or similar emails or web pages you receive are fake Never use Western Union or wire transfer to pay for goods - only a scammer will ask for this, and any funds sent will be lost Do not buy vehicles sight-unseen, regardless of low price. The vehicle does not exist, and any money you send will be lost. Stories about divorcees or departing servicemen needing to sell quickly at a low price are generally fraudulent If a deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is! More information is available for avoiding scams
    ...See More

Beware (rant), this is why good sellers HATE ebay!

Q

Comments (19)
    I ordered from iyares before. I also got nothing! Ebay refunded me because they entered no tracking. Then they asked me why i filed....i didn't leave them negative because i gave them the benefit of the doubt....the person that gave me negative only did it because they didnt get their way. They said that the cactus separated in 3 places. I actually stated in my auction that it may not stay intact because it was a 9 tail large monkey tail cactus. She wanted a discount outside of ebay and without showing proof of any damage. i said i couldn't do that but that she was welcomed to return it for full refund. I never heard from her again until her negative fb. She lied! I package very carefully. I cant help how the mail handlers treat packages... I could easily reroot every bit of that monkey tail and so could she. She wanted it but wanted it for nothing...i will not give into con artists ever!...Ebay is so unfair to sellers. The bad buyers have totally taken advantage of this...I've even sold to tricky garden webbers that are amungst us. They brake leaves in the weirdest places and ask for me to send another plant...pfft, yeah right! I dont think so! These people are ruining ebay!
    ...See More
  • tweetypye
    15 years ago

I noticed this Ebay seller now has a different photo of their so called "Pixie Wings" daylily up. Guess they decided to replace Richards seedling pic with another one after receiving all the negative comments, etc. I sure feel sorry for all those people bidding on his plants. Boy are they in for a surprise when the plants bloom!
    Jan

• opnjmprs
    15 years ago

dayliliesrus-That had me a bit surprised too when I looked at their listing. At first I thought that they were selling plants out of a greenhouse and then noticed that they claim to be shipping dormant plants. I've never heard of anyone digging and selling DL's in a state of dormancy. Very strange.

Linda

• daylilydayzed
    15 years ago

He has been ID'ed as a Micheal Hall on Ebay on several different offerings. He uses several different names for his fraudulent offerings. Richard Norris is not the only hybridizer whose flower pictures has been stolen.

• keystonecrossroads
    15 years ago

You know, it's easy enough to make an inobstrusive watermark on Paint Shop Pro and apply it to all of the pictures that you put online. I haven't done it up until now, but I think I'm going to start.

I don't have any experience with Photoshop, but I would imagine that it's just as easy.

• timberohio
    15 years ago

I was very reluctant to purchase daylilies off of ebay. But did so after some postive comments on this website about a certain seller that sells on ebay. I received very healthy plants and great bonuses. I didn't get to see them bloom this past summer but because of the positive comments from this site I'm not worried about them not being what I purchased.

I made another purchase from ebay last summer that I couldn't pass up because of the price. Thanks to Daylilydayzed ID of the seller I'm pretty sure I got duped. Guess I will see when it blooms this year. But, I'm not holding my breath for it to be what I ordered.

Lesson learned if something is too good to be true it probably is. Good thing I'm only out $15.

Andrea

• hobo_246
    15 years ago

wow, i saw that listing too, but didn't buy due to the nasty wording from seller!

• Waitforspring
    15 years ago

I think this posting should be kept in the forefront because this guy is bad news. He lists under coolgreenery.com and soap_and_candles. I can't imagine what he's shipping, but I doubt it's what he's showing. In some cases he's changing cultivar names slightly, sometimes he's just taking pictures from someone's website without their knowledge. He gives no information about size, bloom season, or hybridizer which should be a red flag. People on the daylily robin are working to get him shut down. I sure hope they succeed. People like him are bad for all the good sellers on ebay as well as those who have bought something from him.

• dayliliesrus
    15 years ago

Let's bump this so it can be seen until they get this scammer off of Ebay!

• daylilydayzed
    15 years ago

Not only has he stolen pictures ,he has stolen text from another website for the daylily information about pruning plants. When I found out about the stolen text, I emailed the website he stole it from and let them know about it. I also included a link to the Ebay page the thief had it on.I got an email back from the owning website and they said they were going after the thief.
    I hope this guy gets arrested for his theft of pictures and using them to defraud buyers on Ebay.

• dayliliesrus
    15 years ago

So far Ebay does not seem to care from everything I have read so far on the Robin. He does have a large amount of listings so perhaps they are hesitant because of that. I know I used to sale odds and ends on there and they scrapped 2 because they did not like the initials I used in the heading about it being misleading. It wasn't but I rewrote it anyway.

• mimisue
    15 years ago

Well, I guess I have been totally had!!! I bought from coolgreenery and soap and candles. I have received the small daylily plants and have them planted. They are growing but I guess they will not be what I expected. Live and learn.

• Waitforspring
    15 years ago

People on the daylily robin are trying to contact the buyers and hoping that negative feedback will help to stop this creep. If anyone has bought from this guy and still has feedback to leave it might help.

• nancykvb
    15 years ago

I just recieved an e-mail through ebay about this seller and that lead me here. I won the Queen's Circle which I looked up before I bid. I was surprised to recieve my plant from Maryland to Michigan in February, as I have no idea what to do with it until I can plant it in May. Right now it's in the fridge! The plant is bare root, large, well rooted and has little green leaves starting to grow. I e-mailed them for information after I had won the auction ,there has been no communication. I guess I will see what I purchased this summer when it blooms.
    It's sad that this has to happen, it makes it hard for the good people selling on ebay. I have been buying from ebay since 1999 and this is the first time I may have been scammed. Glad it wasn't something more expensive. I hope this guy can be stopped.
    The name and address on the box my plant came in is Michael Hall 2665 Table Rock Rd. Oakland MD 21550-0000
    There must be snow where he is, where could he be getting these plants from?

• dayliliesrus
    15 years ago

Take it out of the Fridge and pot it up. Put it in a sunny window until spring when you can plant it. I really think these are seedlings that this guy must have in a greenhouse. Will it bloom this year? Time will only tell. If nothing else..give him negative feedback for shipping at the wrong time of the year for planting outside!

• kimkats
    15 years ago

There should definitely be snow where this person is at. Oakland is in Garret county,Md , the western most county ,adjacent to West Virginia. Has anyone tried contacting the attorney general in Md? If this person is indeed using photo's stolen from others and is sending items that cannot possibly be what he says they are that's fraud. Md is not very toloerant of fraud. Here is the web address of The Maryland Attorney General : http://www.oag.state.md.us/ . Perhaps He can do what ebay will not and shut this dude down. The more folks that contact him the better i would think. Good luck to all.

• nancykvb
    15 years ago

Okay, the piece of daylily is out of the fridge and sitting in a bowl of water. I will pot it up later this afternoon.
    I don't think this is a seedling, it is a rather large piece and I can see where it was cut from the mother plant. I could easily break this piece into 3 fans and I can see where last years leaves were. It looks like it was planted in peat.
    The big question is whether or not this is the daylily I think it is...time will tell. Nancy

• Waitforspring
    15 years ago

Good luck Nancy, but I don't think the chances are very good that the daylily is as advertised. I just looked at his listings on ebay and 2 of the first 3 names listed aren't even registered, but I'm guessing that the pictures are of somebody's registered plants or seedlings from a website.

• buyorsell888
    15 years ago

The owner of the pictures and text should use the link below to report to eBay. Just sending an email won't cut it. You need to file the proper reports. Only the actual owner of the stolen images or text can file. It is against eBay rules to steal images and text but the proper reports make all the difference when dealing with eBay.

Here is a link that might be useful: Image/text theft report

• gpborger
    15 years ago

I too bought from this ebayer and recieved 1 of my plants so far. I forgot to put on that one to not mail until spring so... I end up recieving it in Feb. I already potted mine. I do not approve of anyone using anyones pictures without persmission because 1) I do not know if what I'm bidding on is what I actually will get. 2) If it's a daylily I'm buying off the internet I ask permission to use the photo on my website (not to sell) to show what daylilies I have. If it is not their picture and they say yes it makes me look bad. I had not however even asked about the ginny mitchell daylily because I have not even had time to plant it. I do take as many pictures of my own as I can when the daylilies bloom but I bought over a hundred just last year and I can't always get out each day to take pictures and I know others, like me, love to see all the different daylilies. I hope I have only used pics with the RIGHT persons permission. I do not however sell any of my daylilies, they just keep filling my yard up and being enjoyed by many. Even though I may have gotten burned on this purchase and a couple of others I do want to say there are very reputable sellers on ebay that do an awesome job and are very reliable.

• ashwoody
    15 years ago

I continue to get responses from the victims of this scam.I direct them to the discussion here to learn the nature of the deception. This thread needs to contually be bumped back to the first page so that it is readily available to the people checking in from eBay. It will also serve to get some great new involvment in the discussions

• valvet
    15 years ago

Ohh! I just bought three plants from them on EBAY.was it suspicios- Yes! Thay gave for same picture -different daylilies names. My massage to clarify - no answer. I risked and bought plants( chippest price), they are already in soil about week.Feedback for seller- fast and good condition.Here is the problem(as for seeds as for any plants).You have 3 month to leave feedback.For that time you will never know what you bought.Fraud can be everywere.Especially for seeds( result unpredictible in any case).I only can wait until they'll bloom- and then say YES! IT IS FRAUD! And what then ?
    I can only dream to obligate this seller to buy for me on auction right plants.

• nancykvb
    15 years ago

I see the ebay site I bought from is gone. Ebay must have decided to do something about this.

• Julia WV (6b)
    15 years ago

I also just noticed that Ebay seller coolgreenery.com and soap_and_candles have no listings and also the seller's feedback is private.

This is what is stated: Private Feedback - This member, soap_and_candles, has decided to make his/her Feedback comments private. Feedback can still be left for this user and the Feedback ratings left are shown above in summary format.

This member, coolgreenery.com, has decided to make his/her Feedback comments private. Feedback can still be left for this user and the Feedback ratings left are shown above in summary format

Sounds like the seller is trying to avoid anyone reading the negative comments....

• aggiegrl
    15 years ago

that is very interesting. here is what Ebay says about Private Feedback:

Making Your Feedback Profile Public or Private
    Your Feedback Profile is a valuable asset that helps you earn the trust of other eBay members.

If you keep your Feedback Profile public, youll increase the chance other members will trade with you. Most members want to see a member's Feedback Profile before they trade with them.

If you choose to make your Feedback Profile private, your Feedback comments will be hidden from other members. (They will still be able to see the number of positive, neutral and negative Feedback youÂve received.)

Important: If you have a private Feedback Profile, you will not be able to sell items on eBay.

eBay strongly encourages members to keep Feedback Profiles public so that everyone can benefit from Feedback other eBay members have left.

Please note that it states that if you have your feedback as Private you cannot sell on Ebay. this is great news!

tracie

• Waitforspring
    15 years ago

This is good news. Don't know if ebay finally stepped in or it was just that people had stopped buying and the recent feedback was negative. Everyone still needs to be careful. He may return with another name.

• Waitforspring
    15 years ago

Apparently he's back at it. This time listing under nutramedical. He seems to be sticking to older cultivars for the moment. Don't know if his listing of crimpson pirate is deliberately misspelled or not. Seems anyone who has asked him a question is banned from bidding.

• ashwoody
    15 years ago

There is no question in my mind that the spelling is deliberate. There were too many other misspellings in the the offerings. And there is a reason for it. In using an image that misrepresents the plant that is ultimately sent he opens the door to being accused of fraud. By using another name, even if it is only the difference of a letter or two, he closes that door.

If you have "Crimpsom Pirate" bloom accidentally within the 90 day feedback time. (Note the TWO elements of misspelling.) When it is obviously not Crimson Pirate you complain. He responds that he was not selling Crimson Pirate he was selling Crimpson Pirate. The same is true with Lemmon Rouge as compared with Lemon Rouge, etc. Since there can be no images anywhere of these ficticious daylilies he can walk away with the money and a smile.

The gentleman is way too intelligent and clever to be making these mistakes by accident. He is even blocking every single person who asks him a question about his auctions and keeping them from bidding. He wants only the least knowledgeable people buying as they do not have the resources to question him.

• valvet
    15 years ago

For those who already bought smth from them-
    may be now best way -to ask credit company return money and look what will happen? Let seller to contact to you....

• bderm1234
    15 years ago

My husband reminded me that this is not a new scam. It has been done with many items over the years--watches in the 50's and as my daughter just mentioned-- designer handbags with one letter changed going on currently.
    I think this is just new to daylily folks. They have been a pretty honest bunch up to this date. Too bad this had to happen.
    Beth

• macthayer
    15 years ago

I bought daylilies off Ebay, and unfortunately I got MORE than I bargained for: poor looking plants and Nut Sedge. It's been 3 years, and I'm STILL working on getting rid of the Nut Sedge; don't know if I'll ever win that battle.

Then I had someone try to use my account, and Ebay "froze" it. Said I couldn't use it until I paid a "Seller's" fee for what I had sold -- except I had never sold anything. I e-mailed. I called. I tried using their "instant messaging" -- which wasn't very instant because I would log on, and still be logged on more than 24 hours later, waiting for someone to get back to me -- the electronic version of being put on hold. I used certified mail, return receipt requested; that finally got someone to write back, and suggest that I log onto their "instant messaging" if I needed help. I tried sending a certified letter to the CEO of the company. I received another letter suggesting I use their "instant messaging" as this would "solve all of my problems". Mind you, this went on for over SEVEN MONTHS. Finally, one day when I was just about to say: "To heck with Ebay!" I logged onto their instant messaging, ACTUALLY GOT A PERSON ON THE OTHER END FOR THE FIRST TIME, and had the entire problem worked out, my account unfrozen, and everything taken care of in less than 5 minutes.

My point -- they just don't have enough help to handle the complaints and accounts -- not even for someone as persistent and noisy as I can be. That's why things aren't taken down when they should be. So now, I am VERY careful about what I buy on Ebay, and I will NEVER buy another daylily off that site. MacThayer

• Julia WV (6b)
    15 years ago

Recently I contacted a company whose photo it appeared had been used (cropped and relabeled)by nutramedical. They had indicated that their photo on their website was from a licensing agreement they have with one of their vendors and was going to contact that vendor to see if they were aware of nutramedical using the photo.
    I looked today and noticed all the daylily listings which he - nutramedical- had up are now gone. I don't know if the licensing company contacted Ebay and/or nutramedical but hopefully no one else will be duped.

Time will tell if he has finally given up on bogus plants.

Julia

• bambi_too
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well it looks like he imported all the recent feedback from coolgreenery to soap_and_candles and made it private since he cannot hide it otherwise. Now he is selling CRIMSOM PIRATE, FRANS HALS, and MIXED DAYLILYS using his Nutramedical name and the photos look like the packages one might find in the box stores. It's too bad I didn't have the foresight to copy and paste his feedback so we could continue to contact customers. If you really want to read something that shows what kind of person this is, go to the coolgreenery account and look at the feedback he has left for others. He is not only rude but calls some of the customers names.

I wonder what he was sending out....

• daylilydayzed
    15 years ago

Lets keep this up on the top.

• randallpink
    15 years ago

I also purchased from this guy, I didn't check the names before I bid and it turns out they aren't registered names. Also I was prevented from purchasing more than three itemsand he blamed it on Ebay when in reality he simply puts a block on bidders that are getting items for the opening bid. The sad part is he sold some of them for less than my max bid so he lost money on the ones he blocked. In the end I'm glad I didn't get more from him,as they weren't registered varieties, I think one of them was called Meteor Impact and one was called American Elite. When I left NEUTRAL feedback he got really crappy and said I paid late etc. which I sent more feedback just telling folks to look at my feedback and decide for themselves.

• dayliliesrus
    15 years ago

It is a shame this guy has been allowed to keep this up for this long. I asked one question about the pic he had of "Startle" which was obviously not correct and he blacklisted me just for that 1 question.. I was going to buy one just to leave him negative feedback but never got the opportunity.

There are a lot of wonderful sellers on Ebay and the Lily Auction. It is sellers like this that gives newbies a bad taste.

• bambi_too
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I suspect that he got a visit from the USDA, and they came down on him. I'm betting he was selling the junk he has listed now as other plants.

• dayliliesrus
    15 years ago

I figure sooner or later he will have black listed everyone that buys daylilies...LOL

• daylilydayzed
    15 years ago

Lets keep this up at the top.

• daylilydayzed
    15 years ago

bump

• caroles_jungle
    15 years ago

Last year I was reading a private "divorce support" blog. This was a group of ladies discussing their STRESS problems and some ways they developed to raise money to pay for extras after their bum of a hubby left them etc. I sent one of them some Cardboard and Christmas palm seeds and a few other things from my garden and they let me in to read the blog. They had some good ideas that I used in my own ebay selling account.

The story was of a gal selling her handmade craft items on ebay and from a small website. She also sold seeds, plants and bulbs she grew from her garden in Florida. She was doing great and everyone in the blog was cheering her on. One day she was very upset. A seller on ebay stole her pictures and some of the wording from her website... and her sales were falling. The seller took her wording from her ebay listings and turned it around. They were careful not to steal her ebay pictures but they took the pictures from her website and copied her designs etc. They made some changes that sound similar to these ebay sellers in your story.

Ebay never replied to this gal. And the nasty seller was very nasty to her.

Anyway evidently the blog members are located all over the USA... and around 15 members living outside the state of this victim... all bought one item from this seller... the cheapest items offered. After the purchase, they baited the seller with silly questions and comments... and the seller got upset in an email with each of them... threatening wording and snotty remarks from the seller to these buyers. So each buyer had a good reason to give this seller Negative feedback and ratings of 1 and 2 DSR stars. What do you think happens if a seller gets 15 negatives and 1-2 DRS stars? Ha! Ha!

Ebay will protect their MEGA sellers by changing ratings but not any seller under that catagory. If a seller gets that many 1-2 star DSR ratings, then ebay suspends the seller... so simple.

I was laughing my head off reading the blog story. It happened over a 45 day period. They all used credit cards in Paypal and all got refunds on a DOA or crushed auction. Several buyers claimed they never received the auction when they saw there was no DC on the package. The blog members spaced out the negative feedback so it would not look obvious and each had a different comment depending on what the seller said to them in the email. The nasty seller probably suspected something was up but there was no way he could complain to ebay. In eBay's eyes, he was now a bad seller.

They spotted this same seller under a new ID and 10 more blog members stepped up to the plate with 10 different ebay ID's. This seller was still using their blogmate's pictures and wording. They put this guy down within 30 days this time. It was great mental therapy for all these women too... banding together to protect the economy of one of their own members. The women all thought it was a good deed because the seller was also using the pictures from other websites and other ebay sellers too.

I would hate to be the ebay seller that stiffs any of these divorced ladies in the future.

• Nancy Barginear
    15 years ago

I just love to keep up with our DL soap operas! That sounds really complex, but I am glad justice was served.

I handled my eBay problem by myself.

I bid on a gorgeous soup tureen at the very last moment, won it and paid for it immediately. I didn't get any response from the seller other than an e-mail saying that y my credit card wouldn't go through. Infuriated at this man's ruse to deny me my prize, I raised a fuss until he sent the charge through again. It went right through, and he "just couldn't understand how that happened."

When the package arrived, as I opened it, feeling a smug satisfaction, I was shocked to discover it was a dollar-store variety instead of what was pictured at eBay.

Furious, I went on the attack. I made copies of screen captures of the item offered with description, etc. and called our local sheriff. He sent a bewildered deputy out to my house. He tried to keep his composure, and filed the complaint, issuing me a case number. He left, mumbling something about the DA probably wouldn't be interested in prosecuting anyone over a little old soup tureen in our laid-back community. But after all, fraud is fraud.

I wasn't at all discouraged, not me! I then called the Blowing Rock, NC police department. A deputy took my case number, I faxed him all info and pics. He paid the vendor an unexpected visit at his local store. Concurrently, I sent a huge CERTIFIED LETTER overnight to eBay with all details, pics, etc.

Result: The guy quickly issued a refund (I had already contacted my credit card company), told the deputy I could keep his "bait-and-switch" cheapie, and still wrote to me insisting it was the same item. Hah! eBay removed him from their site. I never got the soup tureen that I won, but I did get a pretty one at eBay later.

Just writing to eBay won't work. You have to have all your proof, and send it certified mail, return receipt requested.
    I don't know if that will still work today, but it did a few years ago.

Don't give up easily when you have been defrauded at eBay (or anywhere else, for that matter).

I have another story to tell on how I took care of eBay music and graphic thieves, but I'll save that for another day.

Bravo for those women! They were very creative.

Nancy

• caroles_jungle
    15 years ago

Good going Nancy... Ha!

• jeanr
    14 years ago

If only I had known all this in February when I purchased 3 daylilies from coolgreenery! I bought lies & lipstick, continential holiday and all hallows eve. The plants foliage are all identical and all have scapes. Continential holiday will be opening in another week - the outside of the bud is red. I am going to let them all bloom out of morbid curiosity and then will compost.
    My credit card co will not help (over 90 days), ebay will not help (over 60 days) and paypal has not returned my email.
    Looks like the MD attorney general is my next stop!
    Any other suggestions?

• timberohio
    14 years ago

Jeanr Thankfully I only purchased Ocean's Eleven from this person last year and am only out about $15 including shipping. I still have his name and address. If you need it let me know and I'll email it to you.

Not sure what can be done to this person. Attorney General might be able to help you since your order was just placed in Feb. My order has been about a year.

The one I received has sent up a scape and I am waiting for bloom. The scape is tall about 2 feet, a good foot above the foliage. The outside of my buds are kinda yellow looking and the buds are elongated.

This was the first plant to send up a scape here so I'm suspecting I was sent Happy Returns which is an early bloomer here. When it blooms it will get moved to the NOID bed, if I like it. If not it will be given away. I always have people willing to take anything I don't want.

Has anyone else that purchased from this person seen any blooms from the plants that were sent out?

Andrea

• randallpink
    14 years ago

I have posted before about this person, I purchased 3 daylilies from him. They were sold as Aode(not a registered name),Meteor Impact(also not registered),and Crimpsom Pirate(either misspelled on purpose or just stupid). They have bloomed this year and lo and behold they are all 3 the same and are plain orange, probably ditch lilies. From what I can see it appears as though he is selling as Nutramedical now. I have gotten very nice daylilies from many growers on E-bay, this has been the only bad experience I have had. Stay away from this guy,what's really scary is some of the other stuff that is on the website that appears to be the same seller.

• jeanr
    14 years ago

Andrea, thanks for the offer. I did keep his name and address.
    The continential holiday is blooming a rusty red - not my cup of tea. It will hit the compost bed as soon as I need the space. So disappointing.....
    I filed a complaint with the attorney general and urge anyone else that was scammed to do the same. We will be heard if there are enough of us!

• lalalandwi
    14 years ago

The last thing I want to do is add fuel to the existing fire here, because I am not one of the people that got scammed. I will say I am highly disappointed with EBay for allowing him to register under all these different names & also allowing him to block out his feedback, what the...? What other signs do they need to find out he is a con artist? I am sure they can figure out that it is the same person that they have been getting complaints about. With todays technology & the way computers work, you bet they can figure it out, & if they can't, I'm scared of them! I'm not a frequent shopper on there, but after hearing this, I won't buy anything off their site until they get their crap together.

• bambi_too
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I think he got a visit from the Dept. of Agriculture, he quit selling all those fancy varieties all of a sudden. I would also report your bad purchases to them. He has also violated the law if he is not liscensed and inspected.

Ebay allows anyone to make their feedback private, but you cannot sell if you do that. In effect they have been shut down, and have not been able to continue to take advantage of people.

Ebay is still a safe place to do business, I buy and sell a lot of stuff there, the bad sellers are very few, they never last very long.

I gave away the seeds I purchased from this clown, I am sure they were not from GINNY MITCHELL and KEY LIME ICE, but probably some STELLA seed he collected at one of the local strip malls.

I also purchased some very nice plants from a couple of Ebayers that are above average sellers in my opinion. one I have purchased from the past 3 years, you never get just the 2 fans you purchased, often you get 4 or more fans, and only occasionally 3 fans. They are always true to name.

I continue to Watch Mr. Hall as I am sure a few others are.

Now all I need to do is get Richard Norris to name a plant PIXIE WINGS and we'll have the last laugh!

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio