SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greg88_gw

trying everything to save my lemon tree!! missed something ?help

greg88
11 years ago

Hi! i bought my lemon tree 5 months ago and so far eveything was going well i was keeping it outside (chicago, il) few weeks ago when got cold during the nights i started bringing tree inside at nights, now even days got to cold and windy (apartment 4th floor) and i started recognizing little leaf dropping thats when i decided to finally bring the tree home fultime.

leafs continiued to drop first i was thinking about "low light" but i started seeing a lot of little flies in soil. i thought this was a cause of leaf drop and i started to water tree with water/soap mix. help little killed about 75% flies but not all :( decided to repot it.

now the flies r gone, leaf continiue to drop :( bought the light, floor lamp in home depot with 5 bulbs, 3 of 60w cfl 5000k, 2 of 60w 2700k. bought light 3 days ago and i dont see any new growing.

another info

- west facing apatment

- using al's 5-1-1 mix

- as fertilizer using alaska fish fertilazer every 2 months, every 3 weeks during flowering ( i was seeing great results with this fertilizer) after repoting didn use fertilizer yet sinse after repoting i only watered it, will fertylize when soil dries out.

What can i do to boost the growth ??

Maybe still not enough light ?? My girlfiend wont let me hang any large ugly lamps, bulbs (i have tree in living room) she is already complainng that her eyes hurt from bright light.

thats why firts 2 night i left lights on over night .

now i know its mistake. today i turned on lights from 7am to 7pm.

what else i can do ?? im always trying to resolve problems serching forums not to "post" but this time i have no ideas what ele it could be

Comments (8)