SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
midnightsmum

Weekend Trivia - Sunday

Well, good Sunday morning Cottagers. It is a winter wonderland here. Looks like we got 8" to 10" of the white stuff over night. Really, that's a good time to get it, as most people aren't out driving around. The plows went through about 6.00 am. It will be a slow day for most!

I got some of the decorations up yesterday, around the house. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas here! We're not putting a big tree up, 8( , cause we just don't have the room, and the puppy would probably cause chaos. My girls are used to the tree, and I have always used a water-pistol to reinforce the 'no-play' rule!! Oh well, china tree it is!! Outside, I have planter full of evergreens, with silk poinsettias to fancy it up. Come spring, this will be where some pretty pink tulips will go. All in all, I am pleased with the effect, though.

The practice of putting up special decorations at Christmas has a long history. In the 15th century, it was recorded that in London it was the custom at Christmas for every house and all the parish churches to be "decked with holm, ivy, bays, and whatsoever the season of the year afforded to be green". So, what is holm?

Perhaps an easy question today, for gardeners? Maybe I am being too easy on you? Well, hopefully this will hold your attention for a little while!! I'll be back with clues, if you need them!!

Nancy.

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz