SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sunnyjo_gw

wedding flower advice... I know, sorry...

sunnyjo
14 years ago

My niece is getting married next October (2010) and wants her color palette to be traditional fall colors, of which brown is a biggie. I'm looking at some dark maroon colors in place of the brown. Her gown will have threads of gold, so she wants gold. A very elegant gown that really does not seem to blend well with the traditional fall flowers. I suggested jewel tones. She thinks she also wants yellows, oranges and reds. No blue, OK on purple. I'm trying to get her to tone it down to three colors. In the meantime, I may need to get some flowers ordered now for next year. She mentioned 'chocolate cosmos', of which I can find none available. (They are spring planting bulbs, yes? no?) I suggested dahlias to her, but I don't remember how late in the fall they bloom. Until frost? Sunflowers, rudbeckia, zinnia...

What would you recommend to her if she were your niece?

Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated on my part. I have never tackled a wedding before. I can do the bouquets, hand-wrap, etc, but would appreciate your thoughts on colors/varieties.

Comments (5)

Sponsored