SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fzee_gw

Citrus Leaf Miner - a Cure

fzee
16 years ago

Hi all - my turn to give back a little to the community

I have found the cure for the Citrus Leaf miner - it works very well. First, let me say I have been squashing these little worms on my 3-4 years old citrus trees until my fingers are green, but they just do an enormous amount of damage no matter what (it is far from Âcosmetic as some describe). Squishing the parents does not work either (the moths)  they just keep coming back.

Admire Pro is the key  it is VERY concentrated and you must be careful with the mixing to get the correct ratio. There are also limits on how much you can put on a plantÂs root system as a systemic pesticide (this is why it works against leaf miners), which is dependant on the treeÂs size.

I applied it and then immediately fertilized the trees, which I hoped would provoke a leaf flush  it did. The moths swarmed on this new growth and laid, no doubt, many eggs. Guess what? Pristine leaves  no damage at all and NO leaf miners worms. This does not stop the parents, but hey who cares as they don't do damage.

Last note  this is a commercial pesticide, the average consumer cannot buy it. However, there are some enterprising individuals out there that sell it in 1oz sizes on a certain auction site (subtle hint). 1oz will make like 10+ gallons of solution, more than enough for my orchard for the season. Read the label though  it is extensive, but helpful.

Hope that helps  this has been a long and painful journey for me to finally fix.

Comments (10)