SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
georich5

Crazy Ike in Ohio!!!

georich5
15 years ago

I mean who ever heard of a hurricane in Ohio? Tornadoes-yes, earthquakes-sometimes, but hurricanes???? Come on Mother Nature...what were you thinking. Well the Northcoast got hammered by the scariest wind I've ever seen. Over a million folks lost power. Some are still out.

The wind storm (not a drop of rain hit us) started last Sunday afternoon. We lost power by 6:00PM that evening. In the country that means no power, no water, no flushing. At first it was fun cause we all expected the power to come back on in at most a few hours. Wellll...three days later after many calls to First Energy and the Ohio State Extension Agency we finally got the tree down the road shifted so the power co. could get in. The OSEA offered advice on what was safe to keep and what had to be thrown away in the fridge.

We lost every thing in our fridges and freezer. My freezer registered 69 degrees. We took as much as we could to SIL who still had power in a different town. Also lost two pots of spaget. sauce on the stove. Two bushels of tomatoes and peppers. Eight loaves of zucchini bread and etc etc etc.

Then we had to haul buckets of water from friends with power so we could potty. Giant Eagle and Buehlers gave out drinking water and ice for those in need. That really helped enormously. Folks a couple of streets over got a tree through their roof.

So to the folks in Texas who got blasted with Ike...my prayers are with you. I can't imagine how horrible that full storm was. Bless you all.

georgeanne

Comments (9)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor