SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Thursday Tea...what's happening in your garden?

lavender_lass
12 years ago

Well, it's the second Thursday of September and I thought it would be fun to share what's happening in our gardens. Have you had any frost? Do you still have a lot of flowers blooming? If so, what blooms in your area in September? Do you plan to have tea in the garden, today?

We've already had a few frosts, so the tomatoes, beans and most of the cosmos and other annuals in the kitchen garden are done for the summer. Now is the time when I can pull up the annuals and get ready to plant my fall shrubs and more perennials. While I like annuals and the color they add, I am starting to realize that perennials are much more dependable, in our climate.

Closer to the house, the annuals are still blooming, but are starting to look a little tired. As I pull them out and get the gardens ready for fall, I'm looking for more space to add bulbs. They're so cheerful in the spring and such a welcome sight, after months of snow and cold.

Right now, I have butterfly bushes blooming, along with the coneflowers, a few roses and lots of lavender and catmint. The daisies still look pretty good, but will be done soon...as will the bee balm and most of the roses. Although Darlow's Enigma (beautiful white rose) looks amazing, under the plum trees, with the coneflowers and butterfly bushes. I'll try to take a picture :)

So, I'm off to have a cup of Earl Grey and maybe an English muffin. We're still having warm days (in the low 90s) but very cool nights, so lots of watering the beds, for now...and pulling weeds, when it cools off to the 70s next week. How about you? What's new in your garden?

Have a lovely Thursday and enjoy your tea!

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022