SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yuhjah_99

my bottom leaf came off from my aloe

yuhjah_99
18 years ago

I am pretty new at growing aloe vera plants. I have an aloe that I believe is an Aloe Barbadensis. It's outer leaves are about 18 inches long. Sometimes it looks like it is tipping over to one side and so I have been propping it up wiht a stick to make it look straight. Today, I jiggled the plant by accident and noticed that one of the lowest leaf seemed to be coming off the stem part. So, I pulled it off easily. It just slipped right off. The exposed stem part looks fine, not black or brown rot on the stem of the plant itself, but that leaf I pulled off from the bottem looked like it WANTED to come off. The part of that fallen leaf looked brown.

Is it supposed to come off like that? I wasn't sure if Aloes shed their leaves as they grow bigger and older. The rest of the plant like fine and healthy. The stem is whiteish green and looks good...

I hope I am not hurting it and that it does this from time to time to shed unwanted leaves?

I'd really like some info on this because I didn't see anything online about this.

Thank you!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County