SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrew_scott77

Easily the best deal on grafted citrus trees EVER!!!

Andrew Scott
10 years ago

Today I had heard a rumor that the Lowe's 45 minutes away from me, was having a HUGE BLOW OUT SALE!!!!

Being told that the trees were originally $24.98, for a tree in a 3.8qt pot, and is 13in tall. Now in my opinion, $24.98 is not a bad cost for these trees. Now the only citrus that they were selling was lemon(Improved Meyer Lemon), and lime(Bearss Seedless), which was fine with me!

When I got to where the trees were, I found the sign that read, All citrus trees are $5. I was stunned! Now began the really hard part. I started pouring through probably 100 +pots, until I settled on 2. Both had nice amounts of new growth on them, and both are even loaded with flower buds, no small fruits, but lots of new leaves, stems, and flower buds!!

So after finally settling on those 2 trees, I started sorting through all the Seedless Bearss lime trees, and settled on a tree that has a bunch of really nice new leaves and branches but no fruits or flower buds.

Now the mix that these trees came in looks like it is mostly bark and in my opinion, all three of them are going to need to be repotted. My intention is to wait until I know the trees are not stressed. I also will have to go and get insecticidal soap because I did see a little scale.

I am just stoked that I got such a great deal, and I am also glad that I got to increase my citrus collection for $10! The other tree is going to a very good friend of mine. Just a few weeks ago, I told her over the phone that I would root a cutting for her, and because of this sale, I wad able to get her can entire tree!

Lastly, my friend who was with me told me he spotted small banana trees. I walked over to where they were and saw that they were also selling for $5.00

Comments (9)