SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aftermidnight_gw

What is it say about best laid plans....

When DH and I were coming driving home from town on saturday afternoon I asked him to stop at the feed store so I could buy another bale of Sunshine Mix No.4, I'm right in the middle of redoing some beds. As our tomatoes are doing so well in this mix in a new raised planter I want to change the soil over to this in a couple more in ready for next year.

The SPCA van was parked outside of the feed store they happened to be holding an adoption clinic there that very afternoon.

I tried not to look at the kitties (who am I kidding) as I went to pay for my bale of mix, out of the corner of my eye I saw this poor little waif sitting looking forlorn in her cage. She was so thin and sad looking, the lady said she was very timid and hid under whatever she could get under at the shelter so they had to put her in a cage for herself.

I pushed my fingers into her cage and she very timidly rubbed her neck against them. There were several other very cute kitties there hoping to find their forever homes, one little black girl in particular was so outgoing and friendly I'm sure by the end of the day would have been adopted. BUT... there was something about this little girl that pulled at me, suddenly I realized it was she was so like our Dusty that we lost to cancer 2 years ago, the resemblance is what attracted her to me I guess, she wasn't the cutest kitty there by all means but then either was Dusty when she was tiny, DH even had to admit to the resemblance. Needless to say Sunshine N.4 mix isn't the only thing that came home with me.

This poor little thing was just skin and bone but she's eating well now, since saturday her coat has changed from dull to soft and shiny, right now she's living in the room where I have my computer, I don't think she has stopped purring since I brought her home and her shyness is starting to go away. She even demanded I pick her up while I was sitting at the computer early this morning. She's still making strange with Heidi our Cairn but before long they'll be bossing each other around.

Basil, that's going to take a little more work but I'm sure in the end we'll conquer that too. I hope to be able to get back to my garden projects this afternoon, you know the one's I had planned on doing on saturday.

So meet "Percy" the new addition to our family, she's 2 years old, adopted almost 2 years to the day we lost Dusty to cancer.

{{gwi:610559}}

Annette

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Industry Leading General Contractors in Pickerington