SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thinman_gw

Does anyone know how to make bouquets efficiently?

thinman
15 years ago

As some of you know, I have been growing flowers and selling them at the local farmers' market. It's been fun, but I need improvement in one area.

This is my first summer making and selling mixed bouquets, and I sure am finding out how much labor is involved. As an example, I am using a sunflower flanked by a few ageratum, and then filled out with zinnias, cosmos, a little baby's breath, a few echinacea, and a stem of purple majesty millet. One of these takes me about fifteen minutes. After picking, the evening before market, and making maybe six of these bouquets, I'm ready for bed. The next day at the market, I work on making bouquets as I have time, but after an hour or two, I have nothing but empty vases, and about the time I get a bouquet made, it gets sold and I'm back to an empty table that no one is attracted to.

Help, I'm slow, and I can't speed up. Will I get faster with practice? It isn't happening yet, that I can tell. Does anyone have any tips for doing these more efficiently?

I've also posted this on the cutting garden forum, which has slowed down a lot this year. I'm hoping some of my cottage friends will have a good idea or two.

ThinMan

Comments (6)

Sponsored