SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
honeybunny2_gw

finally pictures of flowering plants

honeybunny2 Fox
16 years ago

Kristy is helping me post these .

This is a brugmansia that was blooming yesterday, I also took a picture of the brugmansia next to it, with nothing on it, and the other picuture is when it is in bloom

{{gwi:591464}}

{{gwi:591466}}

{{gwi:591467}}

Comments (41)

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    16 years ago

These are some of the plants that were blooming yesterday, with butterflies.
    {{gwi:591468}}
    {{gwi:591469}}
    {{gwi:591470}}
    {{gwi:591472}}

{{gwi:591475}}
    {{gwi:591477}}

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Red was definitely the color yesterday at my place.

{{gwi:591480}}
    {{gwi:591482}}
    {{gwi:591485}}
    {{gwi:591489}}

{{gwi:591492}}
    {{gwi:591494}}
    {{gwi:591496}}
    {{gwi:591498}}

{{gwi:591500}}
    {{gwi:591501}}
    {{gwi:591502}}
    {{gwi:591503}}

{{gwi:591504}}
    {{gwi:591505}}

• Related Discussions

I finally have flowers and plants in the ground!

Q

Comments (3)
    The dark coleus is one that I did not keep the tag for. It has grown to about 3 feet tall. I know the small trailing one is Rose Frost. Sorry that I can't answer your question. Sher
    ...See More

Got my plate glass flowers finally planted...

Q

Comments (19)
    A link to other owls this seller has for sale (I do not know her personally...but maybe they will inspire ones creativity) the nose/beak is a corner of a dish...and raised off the plate. She must cut the glass somehow. She also drills a hold in the plate to attach a flattened spoon. Or...maybe an owl will speak to you...and you'll want one of hers. She has a another that really caught my eye. But I don't need two! This seller also sold me just the copper leafs and vine that mounts to a coppers pole. $17 I think per leaf maybe...but less in shipping when one can pick up a copper pipe at a lumberyard. http://www.etsy.com/shop/ARTfulSalvage/search?search_query=Owl&order=date_desc&view_type=gallery&ref=shop_search Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ARTfulSalvage/search?search_query=Owl&order=date_desc&view_type=gallery&ref=shop_search
    ...See More

Picture of Plant Lrg bulb white/violet flower & evergreen plant

Q

Comments (1)
    Maybe a crinum? Which one I have no idea, but maybe you can find it in this list?
    ...See More

Plant I.D. with flower picture

Q

Comments (2)
    Thanks Carol, having just read about this plant, it appears to be one of the many invasives I'll be working on removing this summer. Thanks again for the identification.
    ...See More
  • fool4flowers
    16 years ago

Great job Barbra. Your yard is really beautiful. I can't wait to see it when we get down that way. Enjoyed talking to you today. I have to go take care of the plants I just brought home and am worn out so I'll check out more of your pics later.

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Pink was not too far behind.

{{gwi:591506}}
    {{gwi:591485}}
    {{gwi:591489}}
    {{gwi:591507}}

{{gwi:591508}}
    {{gwi:591509}}
    {{gwi:591510}}
    {{gwi:591511}}

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ok, my favorite is purple, the bouganvilla, two of them have buds, and only one is in bloom. I took pictures of the two that just have tons of buds, they should been in full bloon in about 10 days, if we do not have a freeze. Enjoy!

{{gwi:591512}}
    {{gwi:591513}}
    {{gwi:591514}}
    {{gwi:591515}}

{{gwi:591516}}
    {{gwi:591517}}
    {{gwi:591518}}
    {{gwi:591519}}

{{gwi:591520}}
    {{gwi:591521}}

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    16 years ago

These are the left over pictures that I took yesterday. Its a tease of spring. Wanted to share with everyone. I hope you all enjoy the pictures. I was suprised to see some of these plants in bloom, but they were in protected areas, the bottle brush will be in full bloom in about 1 week, it is full of buds, so is the bouganvilla, and the red passion vine. I was suprised that the yellow brugmansia was not in bloom, but as you can see it is full of buds. Barry, I took a picture of the cuttings you sent, my creamsicle has the regular leaves, not like yours. Barbra,

{{gwi:591522}}
    {{gwi:591523}}
    {{gwi:591524}}
    {{gwi:591526}}

{{gwi:591527}}
    {{gwi:591530}}
    {{gwi:591532}}
    {{gwi:591535}}

{{gwi:591537}}
    {{gwi:591539}}

• sibhskylvr
    16 years ago

Barbra

Is this one a type of passion flower? :) I really like the looks of it - whatever it is! Do the hummingbirds enjoy it?

Mike
    {{gwi:591541}}

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Mike I have had this passionflower only since spring, it never bloomed during the summer, but when I went yesterday, it had blooms everywhere. So I cannot answer your question regarding the humming birds. I do put out hummingbird feeders the end of September, and go thru about 5 lbs of sugar every other day. They live in the hugh oak trees on my property. It just beautiful, we just sit on the front porch, and feel our blood pressure go down. Barbra,

• sibhskylvr
    16 years ago

Barbra

Those little guys & gals do help with the blood pressure - unless they're dive-bombing you! :) I just really like the looks of that red passion flower. I've only seen the light purple ones here in Arkansas. I'm not even sure of the correct name for them - just purple! lol! I'm definitely going to check into some of those next spring after seeing yours!

Mike

• jeep461
    16 years ago

So glad you have a camera. The pictures are awesome. What are the pink and white brugs at you SA house??

• rigo74
    16 years ago

honeybunny2
    Is the ivy just the regular house plant type? In what direction of your house is it planted on? What do you feed it and how long did it take to get that size? I really love that tropical look it gives your house and would love to grow some this spring. Thanks for sharing your pictures with us! :0)
    Rigo74

• fool4flowers
    16 years ago

Barbra, what is the pinkish flower with purple whiskers under the purple pics? I have to have it, lol. It looks like a spider sort of. Your yard is so pretty. I don't have anything left blooming in the yard. Only in the garage.

• maemae0312
    16 years ago

All I can say is WOW!!!! And Mike I am with you the red passion flower is gorgeous!!

mary

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Jim, that is the peach and cream brug, that I had shipped from Florida in a 15 gallon pot in 2000 to my house.

Rigo, I bought that ivy for $.49 , at Wal-Mart, it was in a 4 inch pot, I put it outside, it was almost dead. It is on the south side of the house, unprotected, I only use coffee ground, about once a year on it. I have been wanting to post a picture of it on the Gardening in Texas forum for the past 2 yrs, I love my new camera.

Kristy, it is a Purple Lady Passionflora.

• threas
    16 years ago

Barbra, you're flowers are gorgeous!Keep 'em comin'!
    Mike, there's a red passion flower pictured on that page you linked to with the German? brugs!Oh Boy!Now who's the enabler!LOL
    Theresa

• eloise_ca
    16 years ago

So this is Barbra's garden (asked in another post).

Beautiful brug (1st pix), and I love that red passionflower as well. I have p. Incense and one noid passiflora. Is the vine climbing up the chimney what you are saying you got for 49 cents? Is it a split-leaf philodendrium (sp)or a pothos? Thanks for sharing. Eloise

• sibhskylvr
    16 years ago

Theresa

Shame on you! :) grrrrrrr! I've not even noticed - I always look at the brugs! lol! $5.96 (us dollars & then shipping for six seeds?) I'll probably wait for Barbra's to seed & then do a little begging!

Mike

• threas
    16 years ago

Mike, that's what I would do too!LOL
    Kristy, you're hubby would love that ivy!
    Theresa

• sibhskylvr
    16 years ago

Theresa

Maybe you & I can gang up on her & she'll share! What do you think? But then we could send dweeb (the masked bandit) over (very late at night) and she could take the entire plant.....

Mike

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ok Mike,just send me instructions on how to root the red passionflora, I will root it, and the purple lady, they are both, full of leaves, so it should not be to hard. I have the heat mats. I had the entire back fence over 75ft with red passionflora, and red bottle brush, but lost all the passionflora, when we had the heavy rains in July, this is the only one that I planted by the well house, and it survived. We are bringing in alot of dirt to fill in the low areas, so hopefully this will not happen again. The only good think from the floods, is that our palm trees in the back are now over the telephone wires. I planted 4 along the back fence at the same time. The 2 in the low area are hugh, and the other 2 on higher ground are small, about 1/4 the size( I need to take a picture to show you), you had to wear shrimp boots, to cross the yard. Barbra,

• sibhskylvr
    16 years ago

Barbra

Sweet! :) Thank you! Wow - begging is getting easier! :) I'm not sure on the rooting process of passiflora. Sounds like we need to get Karyn's expertise on the subject. KARYN!! Anyone??

Mike

• karmahappytoes
    16 years ago

Passiflora 'Amethyst' is the proper name or the common name is Lavenday Lady not purple lady. With the red one being P. vitifolia and a breath taking one!!

• sibhskylvr
    16 years ago

Barbra

Am doing a search on propagating Passiflora. So far - I've found this one. See link. Sounds pretty easy. (patiently waiting for Karyn)

Mike

Here is a link that might be useful: Passiflora - stem cuttings

• sibhskylvr
    16 years ago

Any suggestions on rooting cuttings? (stem cuttings) ??

Mike

• threas
    16 years ago

I've heard they root pretty easily.Karyn, where are you?
    Mike,
    Begging is easier for you 'cause it seems you've got the devil in you this morning!;^)

• sibhskylvr
    16 years ago

Barbra

I feel another obsession coming on!

Mike

Here is a link that might be useful: A helpful link!

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    16 years ago

It is lavender Lady, I forgot. We will be going down next Friday, if our electrician can break away, and I will take the cuttings. Just keep your fingers crossed that we do not get a freeze down there before then. These both are in protected areas, so I think it will be ok.
    Karyn I took a picture of the plant I sent to you, the dark peach, it is just about to bloom, if its in bloom next week I will take a picture of it, the bottle brush should be in bloom. I will take pictures of what is blooming next week and post them. Gosh, I love my new camera, I spent over 3 hrs uploading the pictures into the photobucket yesterday, but I am getting better at it. Barbra,

• threas
    16 years ago

Barbra, I can't wait to see more pictures you take with your new camera!
    Theresa

• fool4flowers
    16 years ago

Barbra, I'm talking about the 3rd pic in the purple section. Thats not passion flower I don't think. Looks like some sort of lilly. I love lillies.

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Kristy, that is the giant red leaf crinum. This is a rare plant if you wanted to buy one. Barry and Karyn both have one, Karyn needs to root hers. They are very hard to come by. Barry is the only one that wanted to trade for it on the plant exchange when I posted in October. I just had the one rooted plant. It is really a neat plant, when the bloom opens fully, it is as large as a dinner plate. Barbra,

• fool4flowers
    16 years ago

Oh rats! Figures it would be something rare. I gotta have one though so its off to ebay to hunt, lol.

• fool4flowers
    16 years ago

Hah! I found one on buy it now and also a vine called rosary beads or something like that growing in a hanging coconut for my husband. I will post a pic when it comes. That purchase hurt more than the brugs but they are neat and unusual and I figured if I got him something he wouldn't complain about mine, lol.

• oxmyx
    16 years ago

WOW boy did I luck out! that Crinum has flowers? didn't realize they were so beautiful and large. I hope it flowers up here in Connecticut..

Barbra, what a great Garden, and it looks like you have a great camera. Are you having fun with it?

What is the plant in the last image. the variegated one that looks like a large leaved philodendron?

BTW - For those who don't know, don't listen to Barbra. She says she is old. She is a young woman with tons of energy. I spoke to her on the phone, and was so surprised. You could tell how vigorous and exciting she is. I don't see how her husband can keep up with her! ;)

• technodweeb
    16 years ago

Hey - anyone catch the show on Discovery?

It's called the Amazonian Queen Victoria water lily. Oh man this thing gets 2 meters across (approximately 6 feet for those of you like me who don't want to do the math.)

A 6 foot water lily! I want one of thoooooooooose! Now - to find a spot big enough to grow one. . .

• technodweeb
    16 years ago

Funny part was - as soon as I saw it (and DH) - I hear DH on the other side of the couch say "NO - you CAN'T grow those!"

LOL. . . .

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Kristy, I wish you would have waited until the spring, and I could have rooted one for you. The best time to take pups from the mother plant is early spring, then you have time to get them rooted. I had 4 rooted plants for trading. Barry got the last one, which happened to be the largest. I will try and get more this spring. Post a picture when you get it, so I can see what size, if it is really small, I will have to get you another one. Barbra,

• chena
    16 years ago

Your yard is beautiful.. It is so cold and windy here today I bet I have looked at them 10 times and dreaming of Spring...LOL
    Kylie

• fool4flowers
    16 years ago

Oh Barbra, I thought you didn't have any more. For what I paid for those I hope they are big plants. I can't wait to see the rosary vine too. It sounds really unusual. If it is small I'll take you up on your offer. I got a oxblood lilly and some rain lillies yesterday. Now I need a naked lady one. I think thats why I like brugs so much I love all sorts of lilly flowers and they are kind of shaped the same with the large bells. I got some different kinds of lilly seeds too. Hubby said I couldn't buy any more brugs. He should have said plants, lol. Seeds don't count do they? Mike made me go look at that German guys seeds and I bid on 2. I got carried away and didn't realize Kylie had bid on one of them so I quit bidding. Sorry.

• karyn1
    16 years ago

Barbra your garden is just beautiful. It's so nice to see flowers blooming, everything here is dead. Kyle decided to share his virus with me so I've either been in bed or praying to the porcelian god the past 48 hours. I'm barely managing to get ready to go out tonight. The only thing I'll be drinking is water! I root most of my passies in water with bottom heat. I can't wait until the crinium you sent me blooms. It's so pretty. I'm going to try and catch up a bit before I have to leave. I hope everyone has a happy healthy New Year.
    Karyn

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Kristy, please stop buying plants! I have almost eveything you have ordered, I have the blood lily, I sent one to Karyn for ss. Wait until the spring, stop buying! I cannot offer anything now, if I dig it up, it will not survive. You have to wait until the spring. You said you might come down to Rockport, I have everything there... Save your money. I love to share my plants, I just hate paying for postage. Barbra,

• fool4flowers
    16 years ago

Lol, I did a swap for the blood lilly and the rain lillies but I have been on ebay a lot lately. I figure if I can't see them blooming now I will get more stuff to see bloom later, lol. I really need to quit. I am a plantaholic. I hope I get down to your place in the spring. I'm sure I can still spot a thing or two I don't have. Thanks for offering. Your so sweet. Jim is lucky to live near you. If I get to where I can take a road trip I want to come meet you and go to that nursery you were talking about.