SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carquote

Help with citrus tree problems

carquote
15 years ago

I have a lemon, lime, grapefruit and Satsuma Orange tree that I planted about 1 1/2 years ago. I'm having a problem with something eating the rind of the fruit and causing tears/holes in the leaves. I have seen white webbing on the leaves and my research leads me to believe I have Texas spider mites.I have read that mites are very hard to get rid of and that these mites are only a problem if there is a problem with the tree to begin with. I have read if you treat the problems causing the mites then they will not have the favorable conditions that allow hem to thrive.

I live in N/W Houston and water about once every 7-10 days very deeply filling up around the tree until the water is several inches high. The soil is basically clay so soil compaction may be a problem, but I'.m not sure what I can do about that now. When I planted them I used potting soil, but if the soil on the top layer is from the ground. I will try to get pictures of what the rind and leaves look like if that would be helpful.

I would prefer to keep the treatment as organic as possible since I plan on eating the fruit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (23)