SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
babyblue11371

New Pics and Questions

BabyBlue11371
18 years ago

I posted new pics on my site.. A few weeks back I didn't check on my seedlings for a couple of days. unfortunately the temps reached 110*+ out side. If I had checked on them I would have given them a bit of a drink.. and moved them out of direct sun.. when I did check in on them they were so sad looking.. some very cooked.. I had leaf drop on the ones that were right in the window. I have since moved them all back away from the glass. I'm wondering about the ones that had leaf drop.. They dropped their newest leaves. Will they act like they had been "topped"? and be stunted at this height? some lost 2-4 top leaves.. the ones that were not directly against the glass didn't drop leaves just wilted a bit, but perked right up when I gave them a good drink. I'm just worried that the ones that suffered the most will act like they were topped.

Next question.. I planted a cutting of the trifoliate. How long should it take before I know if it has taken? It has been two weeks. should I take it out of the Ziploc baggie now? I'm afraid to "tug" on it to see if it has set roots yet.. should I bite the bullet and give it a light tug?

Still unsure if the grafting worked.. I tried to take picture but it didn't turn out so well. It still has green to it.. But does have a bit of brown around the bottom.. It is 2 weeks old today.. the other place I tried to graft definitely did not work. the bud is entirely brown. I followed directions on Mr. TX web site as best I could.. but I'm more of a hands on learner.. I'm sure it will take me a few tries before I get it dead on right.. I Practiced on Plum tree... Guess I should have practiced more.. I used exacto knives. I also didn't have grafting tape.. but I used surgical tape I had left over from my knee surgery. I'd like to blame it on my supplies.. but I'm pretty sure it was my technique..

Thanks for any input!!!

Gina *BabyBlue*

Here is a link that might be useful: Pictures of my citrus trees

Comments (8)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!