SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
conifers_gw

More In Terms of Photos - My Greenhouse (13 Photos)

conifers
16 years ago

I have yet another uphill battle because I've learned that my new greenhouse/prophouse isn't adapting to the purpose I had intended it for. It appears to me that my problem of humidity can only be solved with a very expensive fogger on a humidistat (300-400 dollars totalling) which I couldn't plan ahead financially for and it's causing me much concern, honestly. Then, now my understocks continue to dye one after another or never -- pushed... I don't know. They showed a little push I had thought, most did actually, but then that was it. The roots in most of these cases were wound around in the pots so they were the eventual actual cause of the death of both scion and seedling... it was evident to me though that I'd be losing my scions. Plants I potted myself, I've been able to regraft because they are growing correctly, go figure.. Like a genius, two years in the running I purchased these as, 'ready to go!'. So, all to all, I've decided no matter what, I'll grow seedlings for sale on line as 2 or 3 year plants just so I can afford to get a business going. Anyway, I'm capable to grow 3240 seedlings a year, with precision, then I'll fool around grafting some stuff. And, I'll be able to accomplish a lot of goals of getting a lot of trees on my property, (etc, etc, etc -). I have some ideas for a grafting plan in the longrun.

This is my operation for a 16 foot long house that's six wide and respectively 5 and 8 feet in height.

Dax

Grafts and Seedling Tray on Mats:

{{gwi:665519}}

One month old Pinus graft:

{{gwi:665520}}

Various Thuja's

{{gwi:665521}}

New 'Hetz Wintergreen' batch stuck a week ago:

{{gwi:665522}}

Grape Cuttings:

{{gwi:665523}}

Conifer Seedlings:

{{gwi:665524}}

Abies nordmanniana:

{{gwi:665525}}

Abies nordmanniana:

{{gwi:665526}}

Dawn Redwood flat:

{{gwi:665527}}

Dawn Redwood Seedling:

{{gwi:665528}}

My best of four, Larix mastersiana (germination rate was incredible, 1000 seedlings? I'd guess:

{{gwi:665529}}

So-so Germination but I do have 50 plants, Cedrus libani var. stenocoma:

{{gwi:665530}}

Some of you will indeed remember this photo. It's me fall of 2007 standing next to a Dawn Redwood tree I grew from seed in March of 2006 that is now two years old (it's March of 2008) so this photo is of a tree that's less than two years old but is taller than 6 feet. A remarkable seedling because another I planted grew to only 3' last year. Here's me and the tree:

{{gwi:665531}}

Comments (9)