SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tucker303

New To Brugs - and ohhhh sooo confused

tucker303
18 years ago

OK...let me say I have searched for the answers but after reviewing so many posts, I am just darn confused!

I have cuttings growing in my makeshift greenhouse in the basement (growlight, plastic tent under the light for humidity etc). They are doing great! Since this is my first experience with them, I want to make it a happy (read successful) one!

I realize people may have a difference of opinion so...Now the questions:

1. Fertilizing - when do you start before planting outdoors? I heard a month before, but I was thinking a tad earlier but I do not know how fast they grow when fertilizing starts.

How often? I have read twice a week, once a week etc. And how much?

2. Fertilizer - I have read fish emulsion, blue podwer etc. I like organic stuff as a rule but am open. And is miracle gro the blue powder?

What are your routines that work (meaning...do you switch the type of fertilizer)?

What about the number? I read the 1st number should be highest and also the second number should be the highest.

3. Location - Southern exposure between houses...am I safe to say this is not a good location? Or does anyone know of a name that works well there? It is dry in Denver and temps will often be in the 90's to 100 in the summer...so maybe not. We also get alot of hail sometimes so cross yer fingers!

4. Potting - got some definate answers on that so thanks Wildcat! That was good advice in the post.

5. Watering - lots I know!

6. When to plant outside - I see difference in opinion on temps. Is it safe to assume to plant outside as long it is last frost...or is it last freeze?

Anything else I need to know? Thanks for helping me iron out some thoughts....

Comments (4)