SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
midnightsmum

Weekend Trivia -- Saturday

OK, so it's barely morning, but knowing my am rituals, and the fact that I am taking an art class tomorrow, I have decided to post the first question very early. Weather reports aside, it is dark out, right now. Also quite mild!! So, on to the question:

Dead Rock Stars:

Although he never became the kind of international superstar someone with his remarkable skills should have, Harry Nilsson was arguably the most respected singer, songwriter, and record maker of the '70s, winning a pair of Grammys for his covers of "Everybody's Talkin'," and "Without You." Harry Edward Nilsson III (June 15, 1941 � January 15, 1994), was an American singer-songwriter who achieved the peak of his commercial success in the early 1970s. On all but his earliest recordings he is credited as 'Nilsson'. The Beatles themselves quickly became Nilsson fans. This may have been helped by the track "You Can't Do That", in which Nilsson covered one Beatles song but added 22 others in the multi-tracked background vocals. When John Lennon and Paul McCartney held a press conference in 1968 to announce the formation of Apple Corps, John was asked to name his favorite American artist. He replied, "Nilsson". Paul was then asked to name his favorite American group. He replied, "Nilsson".

Nilsson's 1970s London flat at 12 Curzon Street on the edge of Mayfair, was a two-bedroom apartment decorated by the design company that ex-Beatle Ringo Starr and Robin Cruikshank owned at that time. Nilsson cumulatively spent several years at the flat, which was located near Apple Records, the Playboy Club, Tramps disco and the homes of friends and business associates. Nilsson's work and interests took him to the U.S. for extended periods, and while he was away he lent his place to numerous musician friends.

Sadly, 2 of these very famous musician friends died at his London home. By famous, I am saying, to my mind, more commercially famous than Nilsson.

Any ideas?? 2 stars for one, 4 stars for two?? Bonus stars for the years of death? How macabre, and yet, we do love a good mystery, yes??

I'll try to check in with clues, just not sure if I will be able to do so throughout the day.

Rock on, my Cottage Friends!!

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting