SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dsieber_gw

Simple Homemade soil mix using readily avail ingredients

dsieber
12 years ago

Over the past 3 weeks I have been reading multple cross linked posts to esoteric regional products. Cryptic numerology, 5:1;1. For somebody that has just been lucky (for 4years!) can the experts crisply provide a basic formula to make a 90% OK citrus container mixture? (not the ultimate no kidding 99.999% best mixture (and if you have it why are you not driving Miracle Grow out of biz!!!)) I have read about garden soil + plus Perlite + a little bit of peat. However "Garden Soil" is a extremely variable item. My garden soil is over 50% clay that I try to avoid it like the plague!!!. Using standard products how do you make the 90% solution???? KISS! The percentages by volume or mass in the form of xx% sand, yy% organics in the form of bark of xx size/moss/peat/coffee grounds/leprechaun dandruff/or any other standard organic + zz% perlite.

I am not after this to take companies out of biz, or to steal secrets from prize winners. Just to come up with a good enough solution to the Newbs widely spread around the globe!!!

After this is sorted out we can discuss 90% solution to slow release fert. but baby steps!!!

Comments (19)