SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
natvtxn_gw

Ibot Roomba

natvtxn
16 years ago

This is the wildest thing. I really like it so far. You should see the dogs when it heads their direction. And the cat almost had a heart attack!

How did I live with out this. LOL

If you have back problems, you will love this.

Comments (11)

• todancewithwolves
    16 years ago

I had to google the name. I'd never heard of one before. Do you like it? does it work good?

Edna

• natvtxn
    Original Author
    16 years ago

OMG, I love it. I am surprised how well it works. Since I have a pet door, the dogs bring in lots of the mulched leaves. It picks that up very well and the dog and cat hair too.

• PattiOH
    16 years ago

Aren't these robots amazing!? They even have one that cleans gutters!

Thanks for the post Kathy. You're the first "real-live" person I've heard from about using this. I hope it continues to perform well for you. I have a couple of people in my life who are having trouble keeping up with cleaning due to age/injury. This contraption would be ideal for them.

Patti

• girlgroupgirl
    16 years ago

I want these so bad. The girl I work with has one and says it's amazing. I could use a few of them, with the amount of cat hair around here.
    When they make one that cleans pet hair off of furniture I will dance and throw my hands in the air.

GGG

• natvtxn
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Here is a bit of an up date.
    I almost jumped out of my skin when a voice said, "clean the brushes". I feel like the Jetsons.

• DYH
    16 years ago

Too funny! I need one that's low enough to go UNDER furniture! I just hate moving heavy furniture to vacuum under it. Looking around at my dusty floors, let's just say that DS1 didn't do any cleaning while I was gone! If we had one of these Ibots, the guys in my family probably wouldn't run out the door on cleaning day! LOL

Keep providing updates. I'm intrigued.

Cameron

• natvtxn
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Cameron, It does go under furniture. It is amazing. So funny to watch it go under and be expecting it to turn around. It whirls a bit and comes out a different side. I do set my chairs on the table when I run it. BTW I left letters out, It is iRobot. There is an online model for $212.42. And first time customers save an additional 15% by coupon code.
    It is the same one for which I paid $249 .
    I hope I am not doing a bad thing by posting here. I am not seeling, just relaying info.

Here is a link that might be useful: roomba

• rjr1948
    14 years ago

We have a Scooba. This is what you can expect in the future.

We've had one of these for a few years and, in general, we like it. We only use it for our kitchen. At the beginning of 2008 the battery went bad and I contacted iRobot about it because the new ones are $70.00 and I felt it was too expensive considering the length of time we had the unit.

Well, the one they sent me (free except for me shipping the old one back - which I appreciated) just died. I called them again to see if they would give me a reduced price on a new one. Nope. Replace it since it only lasted two years? Nope.

Trash can! We will be cleaning our floor by hand from now on. $35.00 a year for maintenance is too high, especially when you consider the exorbitant cost of the cleaning fluid, and the initial cost of the robot. Over the long haul these are a ripoff.

I guess I've learned my lesson. Now I have to find someone that will buy all our cleaner...

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    14 years ago

We gave our DS a Roomba when they first came out as one of those Christmas gifts you give just to make people laugh or smile, not expecting much. It seemed like the perfect goofy thing for a young man who grew up with all those technolocical wonders and was setting up his first place. Well, we did giggle at it as it ran around the house, but the thing that amazes me is that he still has it and I think it still works pretty well. There are now two and a dog in the household-they invested in a Dyson last month!

• plantmaven
    14 years ago

Mine quit returning to the dock. My house has steel beams. I assumed that had something to do with that.
    Bit of a disappointment.
    I'll try to recharge it and try it in a different/smaller room.

• doggonegardener
    14 years ago

I bought my first Roomba on Woot.com last year. I have since purchased a second one that I keep upstairs. Yes, that's right, one for the main floor and one for upstairs. I LOVE them. They are awesome. I use them daily and have had little trouble. I did order a replacement cleaning housing for the first one but once I had a spare I was more brave about taking the first one apart (totally apart) and fixing it. It had sucked some pet fur into an inappropriate location and the brushes were having trouble turning. Now I rotate the "spare" into the unit periodically and clean the other one and have it waiting in the wings. I would not be without my Roombas and would love to get a Scooba as well.

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville