SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hanzrobo

Don't Play With Your Catch-Up

hanzrobo
10 years ago

Fine, but you're gonna clean up your own mess.

Lots of fun things happening this month...

My wonderful neighbors had their house (ended up being) painted on a windy day. I wasn't home, painters were irresponsible, many of my plants caught primer overspray on the first day. Furious, you say? Oh, maybe just slightly livid. At least they supplied the plastic for days 2 and 3. There actually was a moment when I was wrestling with the plastic in the wind and I felt violated and helpless, wanted to find one person to blame and scream at that person... I think I almost cried a little... probably not:/ Okay, a little.
{{gwi:654068}}
made for some cool photos, though
{{gwi:654069}}

been doing a lot of this
{{gwi:654070}}

...which leads to this
{{gwi:654071}}

and then last year's stuff looks like this!
{{gwi:654072}}

tables are filling up
{{gwi:654073}}

been doing a bit of repotting
Gasteria 'Spotted Ricardo' candidates
{{gwi:654074}}

Schwantesia loeschiana
{{gwi:654075}}

Pleiospilos nelii 'Royal Flush'
{{gwi:654077}}

Orbea variegata seed pod finally ripened... beautiful silky, irridescent threads open up to catch the wind
{{gwi:654078}}

This is how I caught all the seeds on my Euphorbia obesa! I lost an entire group, not knowing their seed habits. They really do explode! Luckily, I got a second round of blooms on both male and female plants. I happened to be walking by right when the first one popped in the cage. Funny, I'll probably never witness it again. I heard a tiny "crack" and then the "tick-tack" as it bounced off the cage and into the bowl. I collected 12 seeds all-in-all.
{{gwi:654080}}

Echeveria seedlings - volunteer on left, manually sown on right
{{gwi:654081}}

Ophthalmophyllums (Cono praesectum, left- Cono aff pubescens, right) are starting to look pretty nice
{{gwi:654082}}

Monilaria globosa waking up is quite a sight
{{gwi:654083}}

Conophytum meyeri blooms like a champ
{{gwi:654084}}

I was doing a little misting in the morning and noticed a magenta sparkle. It was a "Run and get your camera!" moment.
Anacampseros rufescens
{{gwi:654086}}

Gibbaeum pilosulum is so plump and fuzzy!
{{gwi:654088}}

and finally, bringing red berets back into fashion, (drumroll)... ladies and gentlemen, Muiria hortenseae!!!
{{gwi:654090}}
Crowd goes wild.

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus