SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
midnightsmum

Weekend Trivia ~ Saturday

Good Saturday Morning, Cottagers!! She's a grey old day out there and I am off shortly to bottle some lovely chardonnay. I'd rather be sleeping, though - perhaps tomorrow!!
Well, this is one of those weekends that absolutely nothing leapt off the page at me for trivia -well, maybe one thing, but it needs way more research to become a coherent question, so....in desperation I have resorted to a trivia website - a this place in history, to be exact. March 29th. I remember my first trip to Myrtle Beach, when they had those cute brass plaques that said, "In 1868, on this spot, absolutely nothing happened". Cracked me up - should have bought one. So, what has actually happened - well:

1943 - Eric Idle of Monty Python fame was born. Loved those guys.
1788 - Charles Wesley, the founder of Weslyan Methodism died. I grew up in Weslyan church.
1812 - the first wedding occurred in the White House - President Madison's sister-in-law, the widow of a nephew of George Washington, marries U.S. Supreme Court Justice Thomas Todd. Odd that her name is not mentioned, that she is defined by the men she married. Lucy Payne Washington was her name, and she was the youngest sister of Dolly Madison.
1871 - London's Albert Hall opens - now we know how many holes it takes to fill it!!

And for our actual question:
1973 - a very famous, and long wished for magazine cover was published. Hmmmm....do you know already? I shall be back with clues, but we'll start with a musical offering from Mr. Idle.

Nancy.

{{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: The Galaxy Song

This post was edited by midnightsmum on Sat, Mar 29, 14 at 12:27

Comments (23)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting