SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
girlgroupgirl

i have good news for a change :)

girlgroupgirl
14 years ago

OK, my life isn't a mess or anything, just a bit stressful right now. I had to buy new shoes. Why is that stressful? Because I have big feet and orthotics. It took me 4 days of searching for hours a day to finally find a pair of shoes that would fit!

That is good, but not the best news!

Last night I taught 35 people to vegetable garden! My biggest class yet! It seemed to go over quite well. For those of you who don't know, I hold gardening seminars and classes - vegetables and especially any kind of growing from seed just about every 2nd week at a local community garden.

The other bit of good news, I am the very first in our community to win "Yard of the Month". The timing could not be more perfect, with my fight to build the garden I want and need with the City here. The paper showed photos and published an interview. It only circulates to our immediate community but that is about 6,000 homes! So if and when I need to exert some pressure, I have some leverage!

Lastly, the nice man who came out yesterday to help me out (from the city, nice people DO work there!!) said that our state is a Right to Build state and it superceeds many of the city based laws - for good or for worse, and that I was clearly being targeted for some reason and have an excellent argument. He looked at the charges for my permits and gasped. They are outrageously unfair. I'm not a vindictive person, but I do believe I have enough fair proof to support our new Mayor in his hopes to change how permitting works in our city hall. It jumped from a place that assists homeowners to a place that regulates and stymies homeowners. I believe in fairness and equality for all in all aspects of life.

Comments (14)

Sponsored