SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crazydogs

Weekend Trivia: Sunday

Good morning everyone!

Happy Groundhog Day and Super Bowl Sunday! I was also planning some Super Bowl trivia, but with a different focus than Nancy. However, I think today will be a mishmash of Groundhog Day and Super Bowl questions. Could be disastrous.

Let's start with GH Day. The official GH is Punxutawney Phil from Pennsylvania. Phil's full name is quite the mouthful: "Punxsutawney Phil, Seer of Seers, Sage of Sages, Prognosticator of Prognosticators, and Weather Prophet Extraordinary." The Punxsutawney Spirit newspaper gave him that long moniker in 1886. I have not checked yet to see if he saw his shadow, but with all the media outlets there with their bright camera lights, I don't know how he could NOT see his shadow. He has famous friends, too.

1. Which President did Punxutawney Phil meet?
A. Jimmy Carter
B. George W. Bush
C. Ronald Reagan
D. George H. W. Bush

2. True or False: groundhogs are aggressive animals

3. How often is Phil's forecast right ?
A. 39%
B. 52%
C. 27%
D. 68%

4. Do you know what Christian holiday falls on February 2?

And to the Super Bowl...

5. In the beginning, half-time entertainment was marching bands. Who was the first big star to appear as the entertainment without marching bands (Al Hirt played along with marching bands during the first Super Bowl)?
A. Ethel Merman
B. Pearl Bailey
C. Bobby Darrin
D. Carol Channing

6. What was unique about the first Super Bowl?
A. It was played in L.A. forbthe first and last time
B. It was broadcast by two tv stations
C. It snowed starting during the second quarter and the yard lines were
obliterated by third quarter
D. It was the only Super Bowl in the 20th century that was played in
February rather than January

There you have it. I wanted to ask about the two ads that aired only once. Extra credit if you know those!

Cynthia

Comments (15)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor