SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
landleaper

Potted Meyer Lemon Tree

LandLeaper
18 years ago

I just recently bought a Meyer lemon tree and have been told they are hard to take care when they are potted but IÂve done some research and just wanted to see if you guys had any tips! The tree is two years old, just under 1/2 an in inch in diameter at the base and potted in terra cotta. I'm using a 12-month citrus specific fertilizer tablet, 8-4-8, that is made specifically for young potted trees. It includes minors like magnesium, boron and copper. I live in Oregon in a USDA hardiness zone of 8a. When the sun is out and the temperature at least 60 I keep the tree outside but move it in at night, I plan to get full spectrum light bulbs around the house to help during the winter a little, plus Ive heard they are good for health anyway. I also mist the tree with a spray bottle a few times a day and try to water only when necessary (once a week or when the top 1" of soil is completely dry) I'm using well draining soil with an inch of gravel on the bottom and some mulch on the top. I keep the tree in partial sun, under a larger tree in my yard and slowly let the sun rise onto it giving it full light. Sorry this was so long! Any other suggestions? Thanks!

The hyperlink goes to a picture of my lemon tree

http://jusspress.com/photos/8336/20050720/160459.jpg

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions