SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
trovesoftrilliums

what do you plant in front of your clems?

trovesoftrilliums
12 years ago

Looking for suggestions for what to plant in front of my clems on the east side of the house. I'd love to know what other people have good success with and what you all think might be good for my little bed.

I have Hagley Hybrid and will soon be putting in Mayleen to the left with the hope that mayleen will be able to be trained to grow up the side and around the corner of the garage a bit...haven't figures out exactly HOW, but hopefully it will all come together. :) This little bed started out as my son's herb garden and still has dill, sage, chives in it. We took out the oregano as it was taking over everything else. I have also tucked in there a foxtail lily, some struggling dianthus, curly chives, two low asters, a Johnson's blue geranium, some columbine, a few delphinium babies, a blue japanese iris, etc. Everything is eihter new last fall or this year so I don't have a lot of mature plants. I tend to put a lot of things in this little bed since it is easy to keep an eye on things here. Anyways, most of this I plan to move out in the fall into other parts of the garden and am wondering what to keep or put in front of the clematis.

{{gwi:617527}}

Comments (8)