SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
schoolhouse_gw

Finding cups and pots

schoolhouse_gw
13 years ago

One day this past week I went to the antique shop to spend some of my gift certificates. I found a Royal Albert cup that looked familiar! But, it had a mis-matched saucer. Now I'm thinking in the back of my mind that yes, I had this very same cup and saucer at one time, but either the cup broke or the saucer broke. What to do? So I paid $5 for the cup and mis-matched saucer. I would not throw away a beautiful saucer even tho it had no cup, me thinks.

So awhile ago I go out to the garage and get down the dirty,dusty cardboard box full of purged tea cups from years ago. As I'm unwrapping layers of newspaper around stacks of saucers and cups - I find the matching saucer! (Also the broken cup carefully wrapped)I did some research earlier and this particular RA pattern is an "un-named pattern".

{{gwi:595597}}

{{gwi:595599}}

{{gwi:595601}}

Then I find two more Royal Albert cups, one with saucer one without. The cup on the left has a big chip out of it's "foot" or base. :( But how exciting! It is one of a series called "Country Fayre". The one on the right is also an "un-named pattern", but looks like a wild rose doesn't it?

{{gwi:595604}}

And in a smaller box I find these two cute teapots. Obviously from when I collected anything with a cottage.

I didn't even know I had a Christmas teapot, if your remember last month I was bemoaning the fact that I didn't.

Well now I do,and I remember it was a gift from a co-worker one year. The Xmas pot is ceramic and would shatter into a million pieces if dropped even on a carpet, the other is very heavy.

{{gwi:595607}}

But I have no space to display these and the other pretty cups/saucers I found; so I'll be wrapping them back up and into storage they'll go again. Except the new RA that I found the matching saucer for. That will go in the cupboard.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida