SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
david90531

Surprise in the mail! More plants....!

DavidL.ca
9 years ago

So I got a package this afternoon and was quite pleasantly shocked, even though it shouldn't be that shocking..
Over a month ago I ordered some more plants from Valleysucculent.ca. And at the time they told me that the Cotelydon I wanted is out of stock, and asked me if I can wait for one to root, I replied yes but never heard back since, so I guess for some reason I assumed the order has been cancelled. But yeah today they showed up and I was happy and kind of worried at the same time, since my windowsill is again, FULL.. I'm not sure what to do during the winter when I have to close the blinds, etc...

Anywho, here are the plants after I potted them up with Soil 4.0 (Turface, chicken grit, soil, vermiculite, perlite) I know most people dislike vermiculite, but I find this mix to have a perfect balance of drainage and water retention.

Cotelydon undulata. Couldn't find this one anywhere else and the wait was worth it! It's perfectly small and cute haha. The powder got wiped off a bit during delivery..
{{gwi:640041}}

{{gwi:640042}}

Haworthia cymbiformis v. transiens. Looking a bit sad at the moment, but I'll have to wait for roots to heal before watering..
{{gwi:640043}}

{{gwi:640044}}

And a BONUS plant! The seller felt bad for delaying my order, so put in a free Haworthia tessellata in the box, not familiar with this one but looks cool with bunch of offsets already, it was sort of a nightmare when potting it...
{{gwi:640045}}

So with this addition, Haworthia suddenly became my biggest collection of succulents. I don't mind that since they do well in shades.
{{gwi:640046}}

{{gwi:640047}}

Bonus pic, Air plants had a shower this morning
{{gwi:640048}}

Yes, I'm officially a plant hoarder...

This post was edited by DavidL.ca on Fri, Oct 24, 14 at 0:46

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County