SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jadebff

Can we save my sweet Jade?

JadeBFF
11 years ago

Hi, my name is Aidan. My best friend is my Jade plant. He is a red-tipped jade. I have had him for under a year, and he was very young when I got him. He started off bright, tough, thick, and succulent, and a few months ago, he started getting skinny and his stems got limp. Most of his leaves have fallen off at one time or another and they get really wrinkly.

He had started getting better about two months ago when I transferred him from my room (no windows) to full sunlight, surrounded by a few other potted plants. I think that he had gotten spider mites in my room, which he no longer shows any signs of. No white residue or anything.

Now his stems are again limp, and leaves again falling off. He keeps getting tiny little leaf clusters growing out of his broken stem sites, though. They are fresh and succulent. Does this mean that my sweet Jade has a good chance, if we help him out?

I feel bad for buying a plant that I had no experience growing, but he's my best friend and I will do everything in my power to educate myself on succulent care to help take care of him. I really love him and want to see him in my family for many, many years to come.

Thank you,

Aidan

Comments (10)