SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sibhskylvr

We're Back & Prognosis Is Not Good!

sibhskylvr
15 years ago

We've just returned from the vet's office. Prognosis is not good. Matt (our vet) has given 'Arrant' less than a 50% chance - closer to only 20%. No broken bones which was a good thing. Knees & legs are fine. But, he'll not be the same in the future. With his history of seizures - the time has come to look to the future with a saddened heart. Neurological is now what we're dealing with. 'Arrant' has been Matt's, quote "Worst dog with seizures he's ever had."

After talking for awhile - Matt suggested euthanize. I couldn't do it! I realize 'Arrant' is in pain - but can't bring myself to have him euthanized. Matt gave me time to think it over & we discussed options.

We talked over the options - as there are very, very few.

Came up with the following - Steroids for the next ten days. He prescribed Prednisone 20 mg tablets. Even this is no type of 'guarantee' that 'Arrant' will get any better - but I have to try! Just a 'spark' of improvement is better than none, right? I may be grabbing at straws - but it's worth it, to hopefully see any type of improvement.

If within the ten days there's no improvement - then I'll have to make a very hard decision that I don't want to make. And I don't want to really think about it (but I know I have to) - as I've done enough crying for the day. I'm sure it's going to get worse as the days progress - but I have to be strong & to think positive.

Arrant's had a good life! I'm happy for that & the fact I could give him a good & happy life. But sometimes things happen that we cannot control - no matter how hard we want to try!

Usually I'm the happy, fun guy to be around - but today my heart is broken & I'm not taking this situation very well. I can't shake that 'chokey' feeling in my throat & chest. Going to take a few days to myself, my loved ones, and the babies! And each of 'YOU' are a part of 'my loved ones!'

I want to thank each of you for your prayers & thoughts! They've meant alot to me! In this time of need - I have my friends - all of you! And it's very much appreciated!

Just wanted to update all of you! I wish the news had been much, much better!

Love you all!

Mike

{{gwi:577519}}

{{gwi:578697}}

{{gwi:544772}}

Comments (35)