SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tuggie_gw

Lime Tree not looking so hot

tuggie
13 years ago

I bought a Bearss lime tree from my local nursery (about 3 feet tall) and it isn't looking so good. I have had a problem with leaves falling off, sometimes up to 8-12 a day.

I planted it in a gray plastic container with a 1/3 each mix of peat moss, cow manure, and that white foam stuff as well as put broken terracotta at the bottom and even added more holes to the put to promote drainage. I thought the pH may not have been acidic enough so I added about 2 Tablespoons to a gallon of water. It's been getting about 8 hours of full sun every day.

The weather has been a little crazy, 70's one week and upper 90's the next and then down to the high 60's. I have noticed citrus leaf miners but they have only affected a few leaves. There are a few mystery holes in some of the leaves I can not identify.

I'm just really worried and confused cause a lot of the bottom leaves have fallen off and a good chunk of interior leaves as well but I have 5 large marble size fruits as well as a flower bud. Can anyone help me?

Comments (17)