SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hem_krish

When do I report my newly purchased fruit laden citrus plant?

hem_krish
14 years ago

I just purchased a citrus plant - its about 2 feet tall and is laden with atleast 10 pea sized lemons which I am very anxious to see ripen. I live in India so please do not ask me the type of plant it is - all I know is that it is a hybrid. Also its planted in dirt. I normally change the soil for all my houseplants as soon as I buy them - 1/3 dirt, 1/3 cocopeat (spaghnum moss substitute) and 1/3 sand (perlite substitute). However, I know that the plant will go into transplant shock when I do this and I dont want to lose the fruits at any cost. Is it recommended that I do the repotting now or wait for the fruits to ripen? (with the chance that the roots will rot due to poor dirt drainage). Also please recommend the ratio of ingredients. I get the feeling more sand is better.

Also, I read in these forums that adding vinegar to hard water and then watering the plants produces dramatic results. I already sprayed the leaves with a foliar spray with essential micro-nutrients. Should I experiment with the vinegar or am I doing too much too soon?

Any info on this will be appreciated!!!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations