SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dirt_under_my_nails

Coffee , Tea ,or.........

I'm still working on my SS package,saw some really nice coffee,tea, & cocoa mixes. My questions are:

If you drink coffee:

regular or decaf?

beans or ground?

flavored or plain?

Tea

bags or loose?

favorite flavor?

Cocoa

regular or sugarfree?

marshmellows ?

Inquiring mind(s) want to know!!!!

later...April

Comments (41)

• givelittle_getlots
    15 years ago

hahahahahaha way to go April

ground coffee, plain and regular

Tea both ways. In this stressful time...St. JOhn's worth tea roflmao

no cocoa

I can not wait to send the SS box and see who I have. This is very exciting...and getting real close to send it off. With us having a few cold nights, I understand now why we are doing this early.

Lucy

• karyn1
    15 years ago

Coffee: whole beans, medium/breakfast blends, no flavoring, Jamaican Blue Mountain beans are a favorite

Tea: Bagged or loose, jasmine, oolong or bergamot

I'm not a big chocolate fan but the kids love cocoa

• Related Discussions

What are some goodies you've added (or could add) to alfalfa tea?

Q

Comments (8)
    Rose Tone is about 30 to 40% by weight synthetic fertilizer elements, all of which are water soluble and might do some good when mixed with alfalfa tea but the remaining 60 to 70% of Rose Tone is organic and should really be scratched into the soil, as per the label. Rose Tone is about 10% triple superphosphate by weight, so you wouldn't need to add more of this element. Personally, if I wanted to experiment with pick-me-ups mixed with alfalfa tea, I'd stick to completely water-soluble fertilizers like Miracle Gro if I thought more fertilizer was called for, or I'd try things like fish or seaweed extracts or Biotone.
    ...See More

HAVE: Colcoasia 'Coffee Cups' (or Tea cups)

Q

Comments (3)
    This plant has been traded, thanks for all nice offers from those that were interested
    ...See More

Long time, no soda for me, but yesterday was THE day!

Q

Comments (28)
    I don't like coffee; never did. I drink hot tea and ice tea, with sugar. Never did "like" water and drink very little of it. Used to be a Coca Cola drinker; some time ago I found Cheerwine, a cherry flavored soft drink, at Sharp Shopper. Much cheaper, and much like a cherry Coke. I converted, but now SS doesn't carry them any more because of the rise in prices. Most other chains have them though, and they are cheaper than Cokes, and I do buy them. I have to explain to a first-timer that it is not alcoholic, just like Mountain Dew is not Moonshine. Heard on the news yesterday that now caramel color is the culprit in soft drinks. Almost every afternoon I have a Carnation Essentials drink. They are good, and have a lot of what we need. My doctor says they are fine, keep drinking them. Anybody remember this little jingle: I like coffee, I like tea. I like the boys and the boys like me. Sue This post was edited by Sue-va on Fri, Jan 24, 14 at 20:41
    ...See More

Coffee, Tea or.............................?

Q

Comments (27)
    if you think the smell of coffee is bad...you ought to be on my deck when hubster is cooking the beans...it smells awful...I don't know how something that smells so bad can taste so good...When he first got the roaster he made the mistake of using it in the house...it took us days to get the house aired out...now he cooks the beans out on the deck! I'll drink coffee on a rare occasion...tea is my hot drink of choice...with milk and a little sugar!
    ...See More
  • tropicgirl
    15 years ago

MMMMMMMMMM Now that it is getting cooler; coffee and hot cocoa sounds delightful. Love trying out new flavored coffees. Don't matter if it's reg or decaf, if its ground or bean. I love going to a place we have here "World Market" and look at the different coffees they have. And if it's not flavored, there are flavored creamers and syrups that I can add. Wow, a cup of coffee would go good right about now....I like iced coffees, cappuccino and lattes, Irish coffee; not to crazy about espresso.

I really like peach and raspberry tea, green tea, even regular ol lipton is good. We have tea in the frig at all times and I'm drinking some now. Don't matter if it is decaf, but I do prefer bags.

There's another great beverage for cold nights...I like different flavors of hot cocoa too...If you have never tried raspberry cocoa you are missing out...Love that stuff.

I love flavored coffee, tea and cocoa...What a great idea for a SS gift. Now I think I'll make a cup of cappuccino since I got a pack out to check the spelling...LMAO

Deb

• eloise_ca
    15 years ago

April, you are so clever to do it this way! I haven't even started with my package.

Coffee -- Regular, beans, plain.
    Chocolate -- Try to stay away from artificial flavors, coloring, preservatives so the only cocoa I use is Hershey's Cocoa natural, unsweetened.

• plantlover49
    15 years ago

Hi April
    it is very clever of you to start this thread. my favorite coffee is Gevalia, limited edition whole bean Harrar from Ethiopia & the kona coffee. hot chocolate like to make it myself & I like herbal teas. BTW it's good to see you post Elizabeth

• givelittle_getlots
    15 years ago

My all time favorite winter drink is 'GLÃHWEIN' roflmao.

• fool4flowers
    15 years ago

I like plain ground coffee and some of the flavored ones but hubby won't drink them so I won't make it just for myself. Don't drink much tea other than iced sweet tea and love any kind of hot chocolate or cocoa. I am a pepsi freak. I drink way too much of it, lol. Its too heavy to ship though, lol. Whoever has me please nothing diet or artificial sweetener. I am allergic to it I think. It makes me sick.

• sibhskylvr
    15 years ago

April

Very cool way of finding out a little information! Maxwell House Original (regular) here! Nestea - unsweetened (loose!) Cocoa - regular, with LOTS of marshmallows! :) This sums it up!

Mike

• chena
    15 years ago

I hangin with Lucy..LOL

• tropicgirl
    15 years ago

Hope everyone don't laugh..but Lucy..I don't know what
    GLÃHWEIN is? Would I like it?

Deb

• gardenpaw
    15 years ago

Great post!
    Folgers decaf ground plain.
    Teabags also decaf plain.
    Cocoa reg. I drink it once in a while with marshmellows and
    the grandkids love it.

Karen

• gottahosta
    15 years ago

Hey, April, great idea!
    The coffee you brought as a gift was perfect- Foglifter was delicious!! Not much for flavored coffees- good grade- that means expensive!!- coffee, Columbian, whole or ground. Wow, coffee has gone thru the roof/$$$$$$!!!
    I have been spoiled by my DIL- she sent me 10#'s of organic coffee on my birthday last January, Columbian. I gave a bag to my daughter, and one to our little office worker. Now, I regret it as we used up the last of it several weeks ago! LOL!!! It was wonderful!

• karyn1
    15 years ago

I forgot to add MUST CONTAIN CAFFIENE!!!!! LOL If anyone here is a real coffee nut and enjoys roasting their own beans you can get a huge variety of raw beans from a company called Sweet Maria's. If you don't have a coffee roaster an old fashioned air popcorn popper makes a great coffee bean roaster : )

• bonnie12210
    15 years ago

Hey April,is their another coffee other than Folgers,humm we always have Folgers not decaf,also once in a while I will drink a flavored coffee,I am a southern girl so sweet ice tea is what I drink most of the tme.Love hot chocolate on cold winter days.
    Bonnie

• threas
    15 years ago

I love it all!!! Should drink more Decaf because I get heart palpitations.
    Karyn, I've ordered whole unroasted from" U ROAST 'EM". I've roasted them in a frying pan too. I love tea from "REPUBLIC OF TEA". THE BLACKBERRY SAGE is one of my faves! All my boys love tea in the wintertime. It's contagious, their friends like it too!

Theresa

• karyn1
    15 years ago

I'll have to take a look at that site. I tried a frying pan but couldn't get an even roast. It felt like i was making the old time Jiffy Pop. Way back when you had to make popcorn on the stove in that foil pan. The good old days! lol

• coleus23
    15 years ago

I dont like coffee,I love flavored teas,hot choc.

• daniellalell
    15 years ago

mmmm I love coffee, tea, cocoa...all flavored or reg, doesnt matter, but my fav flave is raspberry. Peach as well, but thats only for the tea. Peach coffee, eeww! lol.
    For the last year I have been hooked on pomegranate raspberry green tea by Stash. Love the Stash teas. I only do bags. OMG, now I need some.
    Coffee HAS to contain caffeine..its illegal for decaf to be bought in this house, lol. Tea on the other hand doesnt matter, of course the herbal teas just dont have the caffeine.Beans or ground, doesnt matter. Can't live without coffee.
    Cocoa definately HAS to have marshmallows!!! what is cocoa without marshmallows melting in it?

Great Idea April!

• givelittle_getlots
    15 years ago

Kylie I am happy to see that I am not alone this winter lol.

Deb it is a Red wine slowly heated up. Not to boiling. And you add your gluehwein spices. That come pre packaged. I usually make it myself here in the US. Just by throwing in orangepeels, gloves and cinnamon. Now there is more you can add but I do not know that from the top of my head. Of course in germany you buy the pre made bottles with that stuff during x mas / wintertime. It is dirt cheap lol. Like 0.99 cent which makes it like 75 cent here lol per bottle. But when they have the christkindl markets going, people drink that outside to warm up while they are enjoying the market. It is almost a MUST do thing...standing around and drink that stuff lol

Hope that explains it what I switch to in the cold season instead of just a glass of red wine for my boodthinner hahahaha

Lucy

• lantanalover
    15 years ago

Looove coffee! =) Definitely regular (gotta have my caffeine in the morning! lol)
    Prefer beans, but grounds are fine too.
    I love hazelnut =)

Loose Tea is wonderful! I love any fruity flavors

Cocoa... definitely with marshmallows

Mmmmmm.... Now I need to go make some more coffee! lol

Tiffany

• maemae0312
    15 years ago

I dislike coffee, tea is ok, but I tend to start everymorning out with a diet coke. Some good cocoa with lots of marsmellows, yummmy! As for the GLÃHWEIN I had some last year at my boyfriend's German professor's house boy was that good!!!!

Mary

• carmie2
    15 years ago

Regular plain coffee and a bottle of Baileys Irish Cream, will do for me!..lol

• daniellalell
    15 years ago

mmmm Bailey's!!! That is a MUST on Xmas morning!!!

• givelittle_getlots
    15 years ago

Daniella take a sip now until someone can help you with your anxiety attack about your brugs in the basement. It will relax you rofl.

• fool4flowers
    15 years ago

Um, if you are going alcohol I like kahlua and baily's in my coffee, lol. I love that stuff lucy they call it mulled wine here I think and I love Wassil (sp?) the apple cider with the spices and buttered rum, lol.

• lantanalover
    15 years ago

Bailey's is good! Have you ladies ever tried Frangelico in your coffee?? That is the best stuff ever! It's also really good if your pour a shot over vanilla ice cream!!

• eloise_ca
    15 years ago

Oh lantanalover, I've never had Frangelico in coffee or ice cream, but I used to like Kahlua in vanilla ice cream, yummy! I have also made Kahlua for Christmas presents. If anyone wants the recipe, I can post it.

• daniellalell
    15 years ago

Wish I had some Lucy!!!

• carmie2
    15 years ago

Eloise..I make my own Kahlua too!..probably
    the same recipe..How do you make yours?

• gardenpaw
    15 years ago

Hey thats cool! Id like the recipe for Kahlua too my sister
    loves it!
    I used to think that I had to have caffinated coffee to but
    when it makes your chest pound really bad I switched to
    Decaff.

Karen

• fool4flowers
    15 years ago

Yes, I would like the recipe. I love that stuff but don't buy it much anymore.

• carmie2
    15 years ago

Eloise..Post yours when you have a chance!

Here is the recipe I use..

HOMEMADE KAHLUA

4 c. water
    3 c. sugar
    3/4 c. Good instant coffee (not freeze dried)
    1/5 vodka
    1 tablespoon vanilla extract

Simmer water and sugar to dissolve. Remove; add coffee and stir. Cool, then add vanilla and vodka..Put into gallon jug Let age for 4 weeks.

• givelittle_getlots
    15 years ago

oh man Carmie..I was all gong ho to try it tonight hahahahahaha FOUR weeks of waiting...it will kill me lol

thanks for sharing the recipe.

April I am sorry for getting your threat off track. I sure hope you did get your answer!!! If not...the once that have not said what they like or dislike with coffee, tea or cocoa. PLEASE do so. It IS a great Idea to get info April. That is why I was first to answer lol

hugs

Lucy

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi All!
    No worries about thread headed off track! I can't say if I did or did not get my answer....I'm sure other's are able to use some of the info posted!

I noramally like being right....but not this time. As I predicted the other 2 kiddos & ME, caught what my son had.Hubby said not to get within 4 ft of him.Sweet huh? You don't know if you should bend over or sit when in the bathroom.Hope you all stay well. Will not be posting alot this weekend.
    I WANT MY MOM!!!
    later...April

• givelittle_getlots
    15 years ago

April I hope you get better real fast! Can I give you a hug and make you think everything will be OK!

GET WELL

Lucy

ha ha ha would be easy for the once to narrow it down if you WOULD say you did hugh...lol

• karyn1
    15 years ago

Oh no how miserable. I hope you and the kids are feeling better soon. Of course you won't get any rest while the kids are sick. Don't you know that Mommies aren't allowed to feel bad when someone else in the family is ill. It's kind of like tie goes to the runner and you're not the runner. Try to stay hydrated. Candied ginger might help keep stuff down.

• napdognewfie
    15 years ago

My drink of choice is Coke Zero, I hate water. No coffee for me but it is good to hold for DH to warm up my hands in cold weather. I do like general foods International coffees in any flavor. Green tea or amaretto are my favorites but I usually just buy whatever is cheapest. Iced in summer, hot in winter. I don't drink alcohol anymore but there was a day (or two or three).

Linda

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for the hugs & well wishes!It seems that is was just a 24 hour bug. We all are feeling much better.I didn't have any candied ginger, but the gingerale helped! My son was fine he, was up at the azz crack of dawn wanting to know what was for breakfast. LOL!!

later...April

• eloise_ca
    15 years ago

I forgot to look at this post again! Carmen, I'll have to try your recipe, although they are similar. Here's my recipe:

KAHLUA

3 cups sugar
    3 cups water
    10 teaspoons instant coffee
    Heat above ingredients to a gentle boil, stirring every once in a while (20-30 minutes). Remove from heat and add:
    4 teaspoons vanilla
    1 quart vodka (4 cups)
    Stir and let cool completely. I use the same vodka bottle and fill it with the Kahlua.

You DO NOT have to age it, but can start drinking it immediately, LOL! Cheers!

• fool4flowers
    15 years ago

Dang, why didn't I look at this earlier. I could have drank the whole bottle today, lol. I don't drink very often anymore either but did drink about a 6 pack last night, lol. I work better when I drink. Glad you are feeling better April. I have been so busy this weekend I didn't get to get on here much til late. Speaking of late I better get to bed. I will have to remember to come back here and write these recipes down. Have to take a trip to Killeen to buy hard liquor though dangit. Ginger ale and chicken noodle soup are all I live on when I am sick, lol. Dang my whole body hurts. I should have drank beer again today. I forgot I had a package of that premixed margarita stuff with the alcohol in it already in the freezer. If I still feel like this in the morning I might have it for breakfast, lol.

• eloise_ca
    15 years ago

Kristy, Do you really work better when you drink, or do you think you work better when you drink? LOL!!! Maybe you work better, but your thinking isn't as sharp -- you don't need to write down the recipes, just copy and paste on a blank word page! Just kidding you. Hope you are feeling better today.

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022