SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nchoneybee

Meyer Lemons Losing Leaves and Yellowed - Help Please!

NCHoneybee
12 years ago

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum and to growing Meyer Lemons. I've scoured the site and haven't found the answer to my question, so here goes:

-I just ordered 2 dwarf Improved Meyer Lemon and they arrived last Thursday (6 days ago).

-They were in great shape when they arrived; the grower sold them as 2-3 year old trees. They had new growth, big dark green leaves and buds.

-I potted them each in a 12 inch terra cotta pot, trimmed the roots (which I realize now I shouldn't have done), and potted them in a compost+sphagnum peat moss bagged potting soil mixed with a few of the hardwood chips they shipped in.

-I kept them indoors, in a Southern-facing window for the first 48 hours, then slowly transitioned them outside. BUT, they started losing ALL NEW GROWTH when indoors. All young leaves fell. I thought it was for lack of light.

-Once outside (temps in the 60's-70's, full to partial sun), the LARGER leaves now started dropping. Now, 6 days later, the leaves are yellowing and a bit mottled.

-The soil was dry a few inches down, so I just watered again today.

What am I doing wrong? Are the pots too big? Is the soil too heavy? Please help!

Thank you!

Comments (8)