SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meghanize

New Meyer Lemon Struggling

meghanize
17 years ago

A few weeks ago I received a three-year-old Meyer lemon tree. It was shipped to me bare-root as a birthday gift. The instructions said that I should select a 3-5 gallon pot (I selected a glazed ceramic with a drainage hole and attached drainage plate) and plant the tree in a bag of Miracle-Gro potting soil after soaking the roots for about three hours.

I did so, and after planting it I gave the tree just a bit of water (perhaps two cups). I watered again about a week later when the soil was dry about three inches deep.

I realize that it's likely normal to lose a few leaves and buds due to the shock of being shipped and re-potted, but I'm losing quite a bit of leaves and it seems that after nearly three weeks the tree should begin showing signs of adapting to its new home. I have the plant sitting in the light of a north-west facing glass door in my kitchen and our home temperatures fluctuate between 65-75.

I have not yet offered the plant any fertilizer as I've seen no signs of new growth.

Is there anything I could/should do to help my tree acclimate? Is there anything that I may have done wrong?

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths