SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mtnmchgrl_gw

Good Vine/Ivy to Hide Chain Link Fencing

mtnmchgrl
14 years ago

Hello,

I'm looking for a good camoflauge for my ugly chain link fencing but I have some pretty specific requirements....so I'm having trouble finding it.

1. I live in Western NC in the mountains, my zone is 6-7. The fence is in my backyard which is shaded almost completely by pine trees so there is very little sun. I need something that doesn't not require a TON of sun.

2. I would prefer something that had leaves left during the winter so the fence is not bare. I don't care so much about the flowring part, I just don't want my fence to be naked.

3. Must be dog friendly. My dogs don't usually eat anything but grass in the back yard and they are mostly indoor but I don't to take a chance w/ somethign super poisonous either.

4. I want the fastest growing thing possible....we won't be sellign the house for several years but I would definitely want it to be pretty lush by then.

5. Wisteria grew great in the FRONT yard on our house and and on some bushes but not sure how it would do during the lack of sun.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Comments (16)