SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kasha77

Diapers & Forever Bags to root cuttings!

kasha77
14 years ago

Good morning! Just hanging out for the furnace guy- I received some great cuttings from Will the other day- nice ones- Dola- Phanomenal, Double Delight (never heard of that one!) hope I can get them to root for me- not much warm sunshine in my house this time of the year! I was hoping to start my cuttings down in the basement- under lights- I bought the expensive bulbs- $10.00 each for the Warm sunlight ones from Lowes'- when my basement gets warmer from my furnace, I will try them there... right now it's about 60* down there... I also bought some diapers from Big Lots for $3.00- I took the powder from the inside lining & added water to it- I also bought Gourmet Trends Forever bags at Big Lots ($5.00)- they absorb the gases that food & cuttings give off as they start to decompose, & keep things alive longer- I will put the 2 together & try rooting them this winter! I just love to experiment! Anyone tried this yet? I need to have some warmer temps upstairs in my house if I want to start them there - (64 right now, but comfortable when you're a 53 & going through menopause!)

I always wipe the cuttings down with Listerine when I first get them, it kills any bacteria (that causes rot) that might be growing on them... We had 33* last night- no frost in my garden- the night time temps will climb into the high 30*s and then into the 40*s & up next week- so I did gain a week or two to let my buds develop & open- I will get photos of them & post them when they do! Then when the temps start their downward spiral, I will be cutting down my brugs & offering them for trade & postage.. Well- better got going!

Take care & have an awesome day!

kasha77

Comments (5)