SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mantorvillain

Hints on moving brugs inside

mantorvillain
17 years ago

I'll be carrying over some upstairs for a while til their bloom subsides (if I don't lose the buds) but most will be going to the basement either for dormancy or (the tops) into buckets. Now, I live in an 1860's home with 18" high limestone basement steps which can make you feel as old as the house very quickly when moving 20-30 pots. One thing I learned is to invest in a good dolly. I now keep my old one in the basement and have a heavier-weight one for the yard (I'm mid-sixtyish myself and like to give my potted brugs as big a pot as possible). The rootballs going dormant go into 3-4 gal. black nursery pots I've saved/scrounged over the years. If you take the handles off a couple of 5 gal pails and drill a couple of holes in the 3 gal you'll find it a lot easier to carry them.

My other strategy is asking my 3 grown daughters to make my xmas present help moving pots up/down those blasted steps...but that may be wishful thinking - LOL, we'll see.

Well its still a bit chilly outside here on Sun AM but I've got the 'itch' so time to bundle up and get outside.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery