SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karyn1_gw

Toto I don't think we're in Kansas anymore

karyn1
14 years ago

OMG we had a terrible wind storm yesterday. It was weird because the skies were blue and temps warm but the wind was terrible. Sustained winds over 30 mph and guts well above that. My yard looks like a puzzle with pots, plants and tree branches everywhere. Huge branches from my jerk neighbors diseased trees blew into our yard. Thankfully they only damaged plants, not the fence or house. It looks like some of my brugs have been prematurely cut back. I guess it saved me the trouble. lol The other main casuality besides my brugs were my plumerias of which most had branches snapped off. I guess I'll be sending the Day Dreams cuttings out sooner then later. I just have to cut away the ruined parts of the stems and make new cuts but I still have enough for all that had been promised. It's too bad because I had several brugs still in bloom and a couple plumerias with inflos. I still have several brugs blooming but no more plumie inflos. I'm not even sure what shape some of the smaller container plants are in. I haven't collected them from the yard yet. One of the vents was also torn off the greenhouse. My fault I didn't think to close them when the wind picked up. At least it was only one vent which shouldn't be hard to fix or replace.

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting