SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovetogrowflowers

Question that's bugged me for some time (White Brug) Pic

I've had this brug for 5 years now, inground and grows great. I've learned that if I keep the foilage down bottom cleared up pretty good around the entire plant that the top of the plant looks better and seems to branch off and get ready for blooming faster.

However, this plant is so finicky I have the hardest time getting it to bloom. With or without fertilizer, and yes I've tried both. It must hate the Georgia heat most days. It never wilts though, I believe it to have a great root system, has come back every year for 5 years and stand about 9 feet tall. I've seen it bloom three times in 5 years, but one time only each year, and it's always in late October.ð³ð³ð³ that's about time for frost and each year it cuts it so close and twice didn't make it, frost got it ðÂÂÂðÂÂÂðÂÂÂ

I've used bloom booster in the past to push it along. The foliage looks great, no discoloration, it's super healthy and not over fertilized either. It's just perfect! I love it, but the waiting on it to bloom and then it cuttimg it close to frost worries me every year. This year I have no hope at all. The pods I do see now are so small, I just don't think it'll make it in time. It takes so LONG for this white brug to Y off...so now it's finally Y'd off and I got millimeter sized pods and it's already October.

I think this one hates the heat and waits for it to cool down. But next week were supposed to have a low of 45.

Anyone else have that issue with the white, not blooming, taking forever to Y off? Cutting it close to frost? Any advice?

Here's a pic of it last year.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Industry Leading General Contractors in Pickerington