SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paulzie32

Just Found some seeds.

paulzie32
13 years ago

Hey all,

I happened to be at work and noticed they had a clump of Clivia in one of the plantings on the grounds. There were three spent flower stalks with green seed pods on them. I picked one and then read online that they need to "Color-up" before picking or they are not mature enough to sprout. Well, I guess mine was too young as nothing ever came of it. I've been watching them for a few months now and today I saw two were a purplish color. I picked them and brought them home. There is (like the first one) only one seed inside. Judging by the size of all other pods, they too will only have one seed inside.

But, I have 'peeled' them and they seem pretty clean. There is a small "bump" on both where I'm assuming the root will emerge.

I was going to soak them, as I've seen instructed on a few other posts, but as they are fresh, I don't think it's necessary. So, I'm going to just place them between two sheets of damp paper towels.

Does this sound Correct?

I have no idea of the flower color but am hoping to see them this spring.

I'm also hoping no one else grabs the rest of the seed pods before (or even after) they are ripe.

Any tips or comments?

Here's a few pics... sorry for the quality, but I only have my cell phone :(

{{gwi:571266}}

{{gwi:571269}}

{{gwi:571272}}

Comments (15)

Sponsored