SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kelly682

My new Adromischus cristatus

Kelly682
11 years ago

Hello everyone newbie here. Got my first succulent yesterday as a spontaneous gift from my dad. Purchased it at Home Depot for $1.00 on clearance. I felt bad for it.

It is definitely a crinkle leaf succulent. It was labeled, thank God! It already has one long stem(?) with teeny tiny barely visable buds on it. It also has a pup (?) growing against the side of the pot. I did a lot of research on it but there are still questions that I was hoping some of you could help me with.

1. It's about 3 inches tall. I thought that this plant grows outward. How do I keep it low?

2. If the plant gets too tall, how do I correctly cut it back?

3. The plant is on a shelf in my office at work. Has a window, and the fluorescent lights are on 15 hours a day. Is this sufficient?

4. My plant is leaning. I would like it to stand straight. If I just turn it towards the light will it right itself?

I think that is all I have for questions at the moment. I have a heart leaf philodendron which is pretty much fool-proof. Unfortunately I feel like I'm a bit over my head with succulents.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Kelly

Comments (2)