SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lamora_gw

Question on Donkey Tail plants

Lamora
11 years ago

Hi, (I am sorry i do not know the proper name for Donkey Tail plant) I would really love to get a donkey tail, I dont have one yet, been looking and finally found one, only one! at WM, a very small starter that had Hybrid on the tag. I really didnt feel like paying $4.00 for it because of the condition it was in, leaves falling off as I was getting price for it (even the cashier said it was pricey for that)

But my question is, what is the difference between a hybrid or one that isnt. I heard that the hybrid was not as delicate as the pure bred. Pictues of the 2 would be great for me, if there is a difference in looks.

I would really like to know so if I happen to come by a better one. (this one really didnt look good from what I know of the plant) The way things are looking right now- I may have to order one.

Or go back and see if it is still there, pay what they want for it and "hope to save it" haha. It was yellowing leaves, leaves falling off, soggy soil. 3 starters and not one looked healthy to me. But it is the only one I have seen. On second thought-- think I will wait for a better one. ;)

Anyway-- back to the question, what is the difference between a hybrid and a purebred Donkey Tail?

Marjie :)

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath