SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bonnie12210

Brenda(Gottahosta)Temple Goddess

bonnie12210
15 years ago

Oh Brenda I am so proud of my Temple Goddess,this is her 1st blooms,and she smells wonderful,Thank you again for sharing her with me,I have been out playing in the rain to get pictures,since we don't know what Hanna is gonna do.I was afraid if I did not get pics now that they might be gone tomorrow because of Hanna.

Bonnie

{{gwi:555296}}

{{gwi:555297}}

Comments (28)

• fool4flowers
    15 years ago

I hope you all don't get any damage or power outages from Hanna. It has been really bad in Baton Rouge. My sister just said more power crews arrived in town today so they hope to get power back in a couple more days. I feel so bad for everyone affected by these storms.

• rialira
    15 years ago

I've wanted a temple goddess for ages! so graceful. how's her fragrance?

stay safe!

Ria

• Related Discussions

Newbie observations 101 LOL

Q

Comments (13)
    Rosepedal I am in PA. Yes it hurt at firs to lose them but I have so many more that its not too bad. I always assume I'll lose a few. The vulc was a bonus cutting that I got from someone who traded me a noce arborea plant, so its not like I paid for it or it would have hurt,lol. I would still like to get one someday but I don't want any mor until spring. Mine are in a bay window in my dining room and on a table by the window too. I have a few seedlings and cuttings under lights in another room too. I am in PA. I can't wait until spring to get these all out of the dining room and see them grow and bloom. I think I am going to try not to have so many cuttings next year, I am going to have to start being more selective with what I take instead of taking everything I can get. I just don't know where I will put them all plus it is kind of a PITA to have them all crowded in the window. It is nice when they are big enough to go dormant because they are out of sight and out of mind, though then I worry that they will not make it through winter, LOL. Shawn
    ...See More

Bringing 'em in!!!

Q

Comments (18)
    Well, sounds like more than I was expecting, Michelle! Snow! (Hey, there is another plant swap in Lawrenceville on the 24th!! Wanna go?) And Jim, I have grown Temple Goddess and still do. I lost my first one and hunted around til I found a replacement. This one I have shared with a few folks. Highly recommended! Sorry bout your wind- seems like we all have our gardening challenges, wherever we are! Karyn, 29 here tomorrow and Tuesday night, don't know what that will make it in Maryland! Just brrrrrrrrrrrrr, tho! It was 76 here today! Glorious!! Welcome home, Kristy! Brenda
    ...See More

I Think I'm Done Crying Now-

Q

Comments (13)
    Thanks Ryan (NOL) & Brenda. The biggest part of the deceased weren't cuttings, they were full grown plants (sob!). Of the cuttings that I kept inside, I only lost a few due to missing watering a couple in the back & the ones that the cats knocked off that rolled under the table. I had a container of tall cuttings on the porch that actually had the bottoms frozen in a couple inches of ice (electric off). One just barely made it but was mushy & unhealthy looking so I trashed it. I lost all but the biggest plants there. I have threatened to just bring them all inside & put up lights in every room in the house next fall. We will all happily bask in artificial sun all winter (with the aphids & mites) LOL. Linda
    ...See More

Gary- Versi-peach x Flirtation/ seedlings from 2008

Q

Comments (20)
    Ria, so far the one ou like is staying lighter pink. Kinda dusty pink. I like it too and will probably hybridize with it. Cause it is pink and horizonal! It is hot here, so the blossoms are fading fast. The horizonal one does get a good recurve going, but it is fading fast, too. BlueSwan, these photos are of seedlings and the crosses or parents, are named brugs. Some of us on this forum grow brug seeds or they hybridize their own crosses ...... and these folks like to share the results. Most brug seedlings are trialed for three years before they are registered, if they are deemed woorthy of being registered. Many of my seedlings are look-alikes or duds! Speaking of duds, the following cross has very promising genetic possibilities and this particular seedling has great deep pink Super Spot color but the blossoms never open up wide! Not a keeper, so far, and that is sad, it is a nice big plant! It may do better in cooler weather. Bergfeuer x Super Spot/ Volker hybridizer/ 2007 seed.
    ...See More
  • bonnie12210
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Her fragrance is so fresh and sweet she is just a joy,I would tell anyone to put her at the top of the want list:)
    I think Hanna is gonna be okay,but you can never tell,it is suppose to hit land around midnight to 1:00am,between Myrtle Beach and NC line if things don't change.
    I feel so bad for the people in La.Lord knows they have had enough,my thoughts and prayers go out to all of them.
    Kristy,how is your Mom is she okay?Your sister lives there to,right?
    They just said on the news that Hanna is being tracked to Myrtle Beach,we are getting a good bit of rain and a little wind now.
    Everyone please stay safe.Hugs,Bonnie

• fool4flowers
    15 years ago

We ended up sending my Mom to Georgia. Most of my family is in Louisiana and were badly affected by the storm. One nephew
    had his house hit by a tornado (the one I was trying to get cuttings from all the great plants at his house) and he went to his mom's in Georgia so I sent my Mom with him. They are still have no power at her house. One of my nieces ( the one who just had a premature baby) got hit by tornado and destroyed their home and most of their belongings (thank you Beth for the care package you put together for the kids). Another sister just lost her greenhouse so she was very lucky. Another sister went to work and when she came home her house had been looted and all valuables and food and water had been stolen so they all ended up at my one sisters house. She has 14 people in the house right now since she is the only one with a generator. I have been sending money home and collecting things for the kids so they can get by until the power is back on and everyone back to work and hopefully the ones who lost everything will get some help from fema and red cross. It has been a nightmare. Mom had gotten really bad from all the worry and no power and we were afraid she would have a heart attack. She sounds much better today after getting some rest and calming down in Georgia. I really pray that nobody gets a direct hit from this storm like they did. I also pray that Ike doesn't make it into the gulf and hit them again. I would rather it come here, lol. Please everyone keep this in mind when getting ready for these storms. Baton Rouge has never in history had this much widespread damage from a storm so you can never be prepared enough even if you live inland from the coast like them. Things are getting a little better and they have enough food and water now so I can relax a little. They have all pooled their resources to be able to get by but I feel so sorry for them all. I will be sending some more things on Monday that I have collected here for the kids to get them by for a little while. So many people have applied for aid that it will take a little while before they get help but they will be ok after that. Its the hardest on the little ones with the heat. Thank goodness its cooler tonight so its not so hot and they are all sleeping soundly for the first time all week. Thanks for all the prayers from everyone it meant a lot and mine will go out for all of you in these storms to come.

• WOODSGRANNY
    15 years ago

f4f,i just got back from baton rouge,i have a very close cousin dying of cancer,hospice has been with her for week,pityiful.i got them a generayor,brought as many 5 gal gas cans i could fit in the trunk of my car(SCARY)brought lots of different lunch meats from kroger drli,bread,cheese,lots of ice,coffee,etc.they got electricity wed.nite,because the're on the same grid as a hospital.the garden district ,beau cage(HIGH DOLLAR SUB) really got hit hardnow rising water is a problem.our new gov. is giving fema and down the line hell.hope your mom and rest of your family are gettig better by the day.now the carolinas w/IKE,who knows wher JOSEPHINE is going?i think we've had enough! best to you all
    patricia

• fool4flowers
    15 years ago

So sorry to hear that Patricia. It was only so bad because nobody was prepared for that kind of damage so far inland. That was one reason we got my Mom out because the hospitals even had no power and we were worried about her health. I am glad your cousin has power back. That is really hard on someone already suffering from illness. I will say a prayer for your family as well. That is a much harder thing you are dealing with. It makes me feel bad for worrying about loss of material things when you are faced with that. Things will get better every day now that they have more power crews and the businesses can reopen. To think I was offering to send you there with my family and how things ended up is so unreal. Who would have thought they would be so bad off. I sure hope something happens and the storms diminish before they hit anyone! The area my sister that got robbed was in has not ever had any problems like that before. Thats what made me the maddest. I hate a thief. I know the rising river is going to be the next problem for them to deal with. Only my kids weren't affected badly other than no power but they hunt and fish for fresh food since they are in the country and are better off than the ones in the city it seems. I know fema is overwhelmed once again and these other storms coming are going to put a lot of people out of their homes again. So sad.

• tropicgirl
    15 years ago

Bonnie,
    Your Temple Goddess is beautiful. I know I would be going out in the rain with my umbrella and camera to take pics after waiting all summer for blooms. LOL Thanks for sharing her with us. I hope you stay safe from Hanna. I know it's over there in your neck of the woods.

Kristy and Patricia-My prayers will be with you both. I hate to hear that so many were affected by the storms.

• jeep461
    15 years ago

Beautiful, I am still waiting for mine to bloom.

We all just hold our breath when a Cat 3 and up enters the gulf. It is not a matter of if but when on the coast. I sure hope they get all the power on quickly.

The intensity of the storms keeps going up. Now Ike has turned west.

• gottahosta
    15 years ago

Bonnie

Well, Temple Goddess is doing so well for you. I'm glad you have been able to enjoy her blossoms despite Hanna. Get ready for lots and lots of rain. I don't think you are far from me as the crow flies- we are being passed by Hanna.

Kristy, sorry about you family- I will continue to pray for all those effected by Gustav- what a blessing your families have you and Patricia to rescue them, help them.
    you're right, being inland is no guarantee of safety. I remember one year a hurricane made it up to Atlanta, which is waaaaay inland. That was an interesting experience, beside power outages, our worse threat is flooding.

• sibhskylvr
    15 years ago

Bonnie

PERDY! :) Glad you got to take a few pics of her!

Kristy & Patricia - I'll be thinking of you both & your families. Hope all works out well for all involved.

Mike

• bonnie12210
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well Thank Goodness we got by with a little wind and rain,not even any power outage,but this Ike looks like he is gonna be a,so n so,and La just can't take any more,from my lips to Gods ears.
    Kristy and Patricia,my prayers are with you,and your families,the last I heard of Ike there was a chance it was going toward La,Kristy tell you Mom to stay put in Ga,they say that Ike will most likely make land fall about Thur.of next week,and if your Mom comes home before then she is just gonna be upset all over again,I know they are worried about their homes but its the Mom's,sisters,brothers,nephews and nieces that can't be replaced.If I can do any thing please let me know.Email me if you need anything.Hugs Bonnie
    BTW Temple Goddess is fine,she liked the rain.

• lopaka_mikale
    15 years ago

Bonnie,
    Temple Goddess is beautiful! Glad to hear that she, and you, were not effected by the storm.

Kristy and Patricia,
    We have been hit with enough hurricanes in South Florida to understand. When a storm like Ike heads our way, we pray that it changes course and leaves us be. At the same time, we know that we are wishing it on someone else. Of course that is not our true wish, but there is a certain amount of guilt, knowing that Ike will most likely pass us by and head for the gulf coast. We do feel the pain and wish everyone to stay safe. Thank God for family and friends to take care of each other and get each other through the tough times. Well wishes to you and yours.

Bob

• fool4flowers
    15 years ago

Thanks everyone. Sorry we kind of butted in on your post. I am hoping my Mom will stay in Georgia for a good while until things are all settle at home. You know how older people are though they think only their doctor can take care of them and want to be around their own things but she needs to stay where she is for now. I may end up with most of my family here if it looks like Ike may hit there. I don't know what I will do if that happens. I have already sent all the extra money I have home and most of them are not able to work because of the businesses still being closed they work at so getting them here is going to be a strain but we will work it out. Bonnie you are having as much family problems and taking care of them as I am. I will be ok unless Ike hits Baton Rouge then I may be auctioning off my brugs, lol. John has been doing more of the work at the shop himself this week so we can keep more of the profits to help the family and they will eventually get help from the other agencies. I am so glad Hannah didn't hit you all too hard. I would like some of that rain here, lol. Bob I know Florida gets hit all the time. I feel bad for them and the poor people in Haiti have been devastated. Now back to Temple Goddess. My cutting is doing well but I'm sure it won't bloom til next year. I will keep her growing through the winter and maybe get some blooms this spring. She is a pretty one.

• givelittle_getlots
    15 years ago

Kristy So much happened to your family. I hope good things will come there way. No more bad news and thoughts about another hurricane. I sure hope everybody stays safe!! And has no damage anymore.
    If it was not so depressing to read all the bad news and not being able to change it only pray for everybody. I would have said I come to your auction....Went to one once and really really liked it.
    All the things that hit your family Kristy I think you need a miracle helping you out a bit. You give and give and give. You are so selfless. There has to be good things coming back to you.....SOON!!!
    sending everyone warm hugs.
    Prayers.
    HOPE for tomorrow.
    Lucy

• pagrdnr
    15 years ago

The temple goddess is very nice. There's just something about the versicolor pendant blooms that I like but I don't think I have any versicolors, lol.
    I feel sorry for the families who are effected by the storms. I have a hard time relating to it because I live up north and have never experienced it, but it must be horrible to lose everything due to a storm, I hope everything turns out well.
    Shawn

• gottahosta
    15 years ago

You know, Shawn, at first I did not like the corolla showing as much as it does on the Versi's but now I love it. Go figure! I want a Peaches & Cream- my Maya aka P & C, is very nice but not what I ordered!

Bonnie, my Temple Goddess is just into her second flush today. Don't you just love how every blossom is perfect and also love how the tendrils curl up so cute!! And then the fragrance! Lemony baby powder but not overpowering! She really is a goddess!!! A nice one- I fell in love with her last year and shared her around last Fall as far as I could spread her!! I like how this one, and my other white brugs, kinda glow in the dark!

• givelittle_getlots
    15 years ago

OK she is on my list lol....that is getting longer and longer and I am getting closer and closer to the once that posted that they have 100 or more hahahaha HELP!!!!!!!

• pagrdnr
    15 years ago

I usually am not a huge fan of whites but Temple Goddess and Cypress Gardens are impressing me in the pics, just the shape and quantity of the blooms. Also Miss B havin is very unique looking to me in the pics. Brenda my variegated brug has a few buds and when they open I'll post a pic and see if it is one you want? It is called peach parfait but someone here said it is a rename for maya. But if it ends up being a versi type bloom I'll let you know. I only got 1 bloom out of it last year but I don't remember what shape it was, only that it was peach.
    Shawn

• fool4flowers
    15 years ago

Haha just wait. You haven't got close to a hundred yet, lol. It won't be long though, lol. You will be saying help I need a greenhouse. There are still so many I want as well but will have to wait til next year probably. I'm running out of room again now that they are growing more. I have good things come back to me every day when I read all of my friends posts on here. It saves my sanity. You are all special to me that I have become friends with. Just waiting on some blooms and hoping for cooler weather and rain so I can see a good flush on something. Gonna get me an IV for the brugs for plant food, lol.

• givelittle_getlots
    15 years ago

lol Kristy. If anybody can give them an IV ...you will hahahahaha But you watch and see. Forbid will work for you!!!!
    Then you get your flushes.
    I am sure of it! You are giving them so much loving care, the reward is getting closer and closer.
    Then all that waiting, fighting the bugs and mites will be forgotten.
    That is why they call them ANGEL trumpets.

Lucy

• bonnie12210
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Brenda this was her first blooms for me she had 4,now there is buds all over her and the fragrance is perfect.
    My veriageted is a bloomer she is blooming again and has buds still,a couple differant sizes so she will be blooming a while yet.

{{gwi:555299}}
    {{gwi:555301}}

• fool4flowers
    15 years ago

Bonnie, is that cypress vine? Mine is eating all my brugs and trying to strangle them. I got to get in the back of the bed and unwrap everyone tomorrow and see it I can send it up to the gutter on the house instead, lol.

• bonnie12210
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Kristy yes that is a cypress vine,it is turned sideways,I forgot to rotate the picture before posting it,Theresa sent me some seeds last winter,and I done some research on it,I found out it would pretty much take over,but I love them,the butterflys,and hummingbirds do to,anyway I had a plant hanger post,and fixed a little bed around the bottom and trained the vine to go up the post,every time a new sprout would come out I would send it around the post,I like it like that it has not taken over everything and I can see it from my den and the little hummers just love it.

• fool4flowers
    15 years ago

I like that mine is growing so well. I just wish I had planted it in a more prominent space so I could see it better or like you did so I could keep wrapping it. I love the feathery foliage and little red blooms. Hubby took my dang camera batteries out. I have to remember to ask him what he put them in. Probably the fish finder, lol.

• gottahosta
    15 years ago

It's funny how such a delicate vine as the Cypress Vine can be so overwhelming!! Goes everywhere but I love the look and the hummingbirds like too.

Here is my Temple Goddess- she has a strong lemon scent.
    {{gwi:549381}}
    {{gwi:555302}}

• bonnie12210
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Brenda,
    I love the scent,of the Temple Goddess,so fresh.The Cypress Vine has been a joy my DH loves to watch the hummers all over it.
    Kristy you have to find your batteries.lol
    Bonnie

• fool4flowers
    15 years ago

Found them. But they are at the shop, lol. I will get them tomorrow. That Temple Goddess is really pretty. I can't wait. Whoohoo!

• threas
    15 years ago

Brenda & Bonnie, your TG is beautiful!!!
    Bonnie, I am glad you are enjoying your Cypress Vine. It is really beautiful & it does grow fast, but it usually doesn't reseed itself. So it stays where you put it.Make sure you collect seeds for next year.

Theresa

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES