SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neonposey

Whats on Your Want List???

neonposey
15 years ago

I'm just starting to think about trades for Fall '08 and the '09 growing season and getting a few lined up. I wont be cutting back til late october, but its never too early to get those trades lined up. I've still gotta get my Have and Wants list together. Lots of great trades can be made in these threads. Have you got your lists ready? Then post here! Ready ~ Set ~ GO ~~

Comments (111)

• karyn1
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

If anyone comes across a Trishkit please let me know. Jim had sent me one that became a casuality of one of the storms that passed through.
    Karyn

• eddiedewayne
    15 years ago

WOW WOW WOW what great looking brug lists . i hope everyone gets what they want for this coming growing year , good luck .
    happy gardening
    eddie

• Related Discussions

WANTED: Happy February - List Your Top 10 Wants!

Q

Comments (41)
    Hi, What a great idea ! I do have some of the wished for seeds from the following members lists... Eternity: Nicotiana Hot Chocolate. Shanta_5: Flamingo Feathers. Honalee: Echinacea Razzmatazz. Sorellina: Sunset Runner Bean and Nigella African Bride. Please email me with your addresses. I will be happy to send them your way. Here is my Top 10: - Impatiens namchabarwensis; - Arisaema sikokianum; - Arisaema candidissimum; - Fragaria vesca GOLDEN Alexandria; - Papaver orientale Chocolate Royal Distinction; - Helleborus orientalis Blue Metallic Lady; - Dahlia coccinea va. palmeri; - Hollyhock New York White; - Any Amish Heirloom Vegetables; - Last but not least, anything Chocolate in name, color or fragrance. Happy gardening to all !
    ...See More

whats on your want list

Q

Comments (10)
    Sorry for the delay in my response. I had no idea anyone would express sympathy for my dog dying. Thanks for that. Derek kindly emaled me directly with an offer to send me Pink Muhly in a month or so when his Utah soil eases up a bit. To answer Polly -- I've brought home between 400-500 grasses so far and there are more grasses and MANY perennials to follow. The story goes like this: I bought grasses from a very kind woman on the other side of the city about 9 months ago and when I was visiting her home nursery (not a retail site) I mentioned to her that if she ever was thinking of getting out of the business and wanted a loving home for her many fine plants, she should look me up. She did. She knew I was a grass freak and knew that I had a ton of energy and passion for these and other plants. So here I am today with a serious collection and working on a business plan to bring these wonderful plants into the lives of others. Thanks again for your sympathy.
    ...See More

Spring is the time for... new Hoyas!

Q

Comments (25)
    My wish list of plants I plan to get this year: australis ssp. Tenuipes cagayanensis calycina villosa Maybes: benguetensis chlorantha CFM-8 lambii lobbii patella Wishing and wanting but ain't happening anytime soon: Eriostemmas microphylla tjadasmalangensis I've definitely forgotten some, not feeling organized enough at the moment to suss them out. How my wish list pans out will be determined greatly by the amount of space I decide I have. I'm going to be rearranging furniture and planning on downsizing my plant collection very soon so I can grow things that I really enjoy, vs the ones that are just ok.
    ...See More

What's on your most wanted for 2008 list

Q

Comments (20)
    Hi Renee, I live a couple of miles outside a smallish town in the north of England. I believe allotments originally started because a lot of the North of England was very industrialised with coal mining and wool mills being the main source of employment. The houses built to accommodate workers were small with little or no gardens. Social reformers at the time realized that workers would be happier and healthier if they had access to the outdoors and fresh food. As the wages were traditionally very low and the workers poor they were suffering from malnourishment and diseases associated with that. So land was bought and set aside for this use. It was divided into plots and each plot was alloted to a named worker, hence the name "allotments". There are a number of allotment societies in Britain and the Green Party is trying to lobby the government to create more, especially as our immigration level means that new homes being built have,once again, little or no garden space. History repeating itself, I guess! best wishes, Nikki
    ...See More
  • neonposey
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Eddie, why dont you post your wish list here? I bet lots of these fine folks would love to do some trading with you.

• sibhskylvr
    15 years ago

Yes Eddie! I'd LOVE to trade with you! Post your list! I'd love to have one of your 'American Pride' & 'Meadow Princess' brugs! :) And let's see - your 'Orange Infusion' & 'Native Habitat Double Peach' are winners too! lol! 'Doosie' is another one I'd like to have! And the list goes on & on & on! lol! When is TAX TIME - exactly?? :)

Mike

• chena
    15 years ago

OMG!!! I swore I would not even read this thread....LOL
    BUT!! I have found a few wants and Haves... Not doing much this yr... I have sent a couple of e'm's.. I am out burning (15'high 30' wide piles.. hoping I don't burn my hair AGAIN..LOL) today and hope I will have time to stop buy tomorrow.. Wishing everyone Many Blessings..
    Kylie

• rigo74
    15 years ago

Kylie burn your hair? Okay just wacth the eye brows LOL.

I would like any brug that is variegated, I don't have much to offer in brugs as the three I have are still small for cutting back. But I will buy the brug cutting or rooted & pay for the postage with no problem.
    TIA

Rigo

• sunnny
    15 years ago

Hi everyone,
    I'm new to growing Brugs but have adored them for as long as I can remember. I'm also addicted to Hostas!
    This is a great thread and I've gone to look up many of the ones listed and ALL of them are beautiful.
    Since I don't have a Brug to trade I'm offering to trade a jar of the BEST homemade grape jelly you've ever tasted. I make about 200 jars per year and have for 18 years and sell it locally to many of the fruit stands and also at the Farmers Market. If anyone would be willing to send me several cuttings of nicely scented Brugs I'd love to send you some of my jelly. (I have a weakness for things that smell good! LOL)
    Don't tell my hubbie that I have a new addiction!
    Sunny

• kasha77
    15 years ago

Napdognewfie-
    I have a small Stapelia would you consider trading for a Desiree Brug? LMK!
    thanks!
    Anyone- I'd also like to add Naughty Nick to my wants list- it never ends!
    Thanks all-
    Kasha77

• eddiedewayne
    15 years ago

i wish , i wish , its more like i want and must have,lol lol would love to collect a few amorphophallus konjac (shattered glass) and the solid black trunk one called night stick (i think that's the name ).
    i would also like a clump of variegated daylilies called zebra. i have variegated kwanso and secured borders, always looking for other ones .

i also collect miniature hosta . i breed with my hosta so named cultivars only, please .

i love epiphyllums. these are some fun plants to grow, with huge flowers . i have a small collection but would love to get more . a guy on ebay sold a collection of cuttings for $199.99 bucks hint hint ,lol lol .

sempervivums [hens and ckicks)and cold hardy cacti are always welcome . i would love to trade for around 1000 pups.

crested aeoniums are another favorite . i have a few but keeping my eyes open for new ones.

datura. my plants did not produce many seeds this year due to drought . i would love 1000 or so seeds of the double purple and the triple purple .

variegated cacti, would be interested in almost any type except for the small upright
    Optimum.

variegated musa Ae Ae

i will have to hold off receiving any new brugmansia in trades , sorry . i can send but can not recieve them . i'm not pointing fingers at anyone , but all the viruses and diseases in the states are scaring me . i do not want to introduce anything to my collection, including spider mites . it seems like every time i get a plant out of the south i get them . thank god for forbid . folks, when trading , ebaying, or websites ,i suggest you keep your new finds away from your other brugs for awhile .

i can trade for brugs , but they would have to be shipped to florida to jeri. she has a quarentine area.

this is a busy time of year for me , getting greenhouse together , propagating plants for my local spring market , i also work every weekend at our local market , so time is scarse. i will reply to all emails , but it may take a few days . please be patent with me !!!

happy gardening
    eddie
    eddiedewayne@aol.com subject : gardenweb

• karyn1
    15 years ago

Eddie did you ever find any property in FL?
    Karyn

• givelittle_getlots
    15 years ago

Karyn I can put you in my lil book on the want list for a Lemon Meringue and as soon as one comes available I will let you know. If you have not required one by then I will be happy to share it with you for postage.

sunny I will have lots of Candida Pink cuttings and am happy to share what I have on other cuttings with you for postage also.

Linda I like your list! I wish I would have made a little mark for the once that are to small for cuttings. Another thing learned. But I have a rooted cutting of Flamenco for you if you want it. Let me know

Lucy

• eddiedewayne
    15 years ago

karyn,
    no , it looks like i will be in north carolina for the winter . i'm still looking !

• eddiedewayne
    15 years ago

here is my have to trade list :
    american Pride
    Amorie
    Amber Rose
    Angels Exotic
    Apricot Moonflower
    Apricot Smoothie
    Autumn Treasure

Becca Lynn
    Bernstein
    Brandy
    Brazillian Treasure
    Butterfly

Candida Yellow
    Candida Double White
    Cassie's Curls
    Champagne Fiz
    Charles Grimaldi
    Cherub
    Confusion
    Coral Glow
    Coral Pink
    Cotton Candy
    Creamsickle
    Cuba
    Cupids Blush
    Cypress Gardens

Delia
    Delta Dawn
    Daybreak
    Desiree
    Dr. Suess
    Dotty
    Dreamsickle
    Doosie

Ecuador Pink
    Emily MacKenzie (Miss)
    Emerald Frost
    Eternity
    Everlasting *
    Fantasma (shredded white)
    Felicity
    Flirtation
    French Connection
    French Vanilla
    Frosty Pink
    Forever Moor

Georgia Peach
    Giant White Elegance
    Goldtraum
    Golden Lady
    Grand Marnier

Harlot
    Heloise
    Herenhauser Garten
    Herenhauser Gold

Inca
    Infinity
    Insignis Coral
    Insignis Orange
    Insignis Pink
    Isabella
    Island Girl

Jamaica Yellow
    Jazzy
    Jean Pasco
    Joli
    Jutner

K.B.S.
    Klerrex Variegata
    Kyle's Pink

Lemon Twist
    L.S.U. Special
    Ludger's Windsong

MaBelle Amie
    Madiera
    Mariner's Miracle
    Mariners Pride
    Meadow Princess
    Melon Kisses
    Miami Orange Glow
    Miss Anna
    Mon Amour de Mareuil
    Monarch
    Morgensonne
    Mountain Majic
    Mountain Treasure

Native Habitat Double Peach
    Naughty Nick
    New Orleans Lady

Olympic Flame

Painted Lady
    Peaches & Cream
    Peace
    Peanut
    Persimmon
    Pink Beauty
    Pink Dragon
    Pink Perfektion
    Pink Velvet

Rascal
    Rosabella
    Rosalla
    Rosatraum
    Rosamond
    Rosenquartz
    Rubirosa

Salmon Perfektion
    Sam
    Sandy
    Santa Marisa
    Seminole Moon
    Santa Rosa
    Serendipity
    Shooting Star
    Sophie
    Southern Pearl
    Spring Peach
    Strawberry Cream
    Suevelens Pink
    Super Spot
    Susie Q
    Sunset

Taylors Dawn
    Temple Goddess
    Tiara
    Tequila Sunrise
    Triple Orange - New
    Topaz

Unconn Treasure
    Vixen:
    Dark Pink
    Peach/Orange
    Versicolor Wildform (Salmon)
    Versicolor White
    Versicolor Salmon
    Versicolor Peach
    Versicolor Orange
    Velvet Rose

Xena
    Yellow Gold Single

DATURA seeds

Brazilian Gold
    Belle Blanch
    Black Current Swirl
    Cream & Sugar
    Cornucopia
    Double Purple
    Double Yellow
    Goree Island
    Green Vein Datura
    Indian (Inoxia Inka)
    Inoxia
    LaFleur
    Oak Leaf
    Mr. Purple
    Purple & Cream
    Purple Passion
    Parjuli
    Seraticaola
    Tatula/La Fleur
    Triple Purple
    Triple Yellow
    Triple Yellow Frilled
    Triple White

Unforgettable
    Var Rubra
    Violet Queen
    Walla
    Wrightii

my wish list is:
    andrews gold
    flamenco
    magic carpet
    lemon merinque
    safari
    fasination
    i would also be interested in many others not on my list .

• gottahosta
    15 years ago

Eddie

WOW!!!!!!!!

• pagrdnr
    15 years ago

Eddie, Sending you an email....
    Shawn

• neonposey
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Eddie: I have a single white NOID for you.

• chena
    15 years ago

ROFL!!! Yeah I have a Dbl white NOID!!!

Eddie best of Luck on that AEAE!!
    Kylie

• givelittle_getlots
    15 years ago

Eddie I have Andrew's Gold and Flamenco for you now. Lemon Meringue is cut to the point of no more for now. I will put you in the book for the LM for next growing season. If by then no one else that is getting a cutting now, has shared it with you. I will be happy to send it to you. Same with the Fasination. It is a new cutting.
    So it is on the list for you too. ha ha ha Just went back up there. I got ALL the onces you want haha

Safari is a REAL big bush. But have not rooted anything. Will start a nice cutting for you tonight.
    hmmm Maybe Magic Carpet is the one brug I just got with 2 stems and I am thinking about making a tree shape...if yes...you might get most of them soon.
    Send me your address Eddie and as soon as I feel better I get everything I have on the way for ya.
    Let me know please.
    Unless you find another donor, you are in my little pink book.

Lucy

• givelittle_getlots
    15 years ago

then I think that Shawn is offering you fasination and magic carpet. I think he also has Flamenco ...right Shawn? lol
    I am waiting...and cutting....there are so many brug lovers out there lol to share the joy with.

• pagrdnr
    15 years ago

Nope Lucy, I don't have any of those brugs you mentioned. I'm pretty sure he probably has everything I have but I emailed him to see if there was anything of mine he would trade for.
    Shawn

• turbodogg98
    15 years ago

i will be cutting my yellowish orange trumpet soon. would be willing to trade a few cuttings with yall great people for a triple bloom any color. anybody interested drop me a line. im not real swift with names of the brugs. all i know is they are all pretty and to me thats all that matters. i would be interested in doubles also. so all yall keep me in mind. thanks a bunch david goode

• givelittle_getlots
    15 years ago

ooops Shawn then I am mixing you up with someone else. Forgive me. I KNOW better then to be on here when I am not feeling to good.
    Hope you get to trade for something from Eddie!!!

Lucy

• kasha77
    15 years ago

Hi Sharon-
    I'm a newbie this year too, & I'd love to trade with you if you're interested- I have a nice Frosty Pink rooted plant, or lots of cuttings from my big Frosty Pink, if you're interested. Mine got huge this year! LMK if you'd like some!
    Kasha77

• luvmy3afhounds
    15 years ago

Hi there, I am new to the list and very excited to be here with all of you fellow brugs lovers! I just started in brugs this July. I got some cuttings on EBAY. Tiara and Frosty Pink did not root. I am having trouble growing Sanguinea and Snowbank. My other cuttings seem to be doing fine, but are not big. I don't have anything to trade this year but would love to paypal postage for any brug that is not white and any datura seed that is not white. I hope to hear from you!
    Thanks!
    Joyce

• rigo74
    15 years ago

Okay guys and gals,I am looking for any type of variegated brugs.And I took inventory of other plants I have to offer for trade:

Stapelia Grandifloura
    Crown of Thorns (yellow bloom)
    Purple Hyacinth Seeds
    NOID Canna (orange bloom with green leaves)
    NOID Canna (red bloom with purple green type leaves)

Rigo

• gottahosta
    15 years ago

OMG, Suzie, I can't stop laughing!!!!

Sooooooooooo, what did Eddie say!!! LOLOLOL!!!!!

• neonposey
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ok, are you laughing at my offer of a single white NOID? or my lady with them crazy big man hands? LOL... I love that laughing lady...

At the offer of the white noid, hmmm, well I will say he had a few choice words for me..... LOL

• maemae0312
    15 years ago

Hey I liked the laughing lady.....I liked the way she moved but her boobs don't!!!!

Mary

• kasha77
    15 years ago

Joyce-
    If you'd like some mature Frosty pink cuttings this fall for postage, please email me - mine is huge, be glad to share some with ya!
    Kasha77

• neonposey
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Kasha: is the frosty pink the one I sent you in July? If so, you must have done a SUPER job with it!!!

• givelittle_getlots
    15 years ago

Joyce write me a e mail please and when cutting time comes I will keep you in mind. Same goes for the Dat seeds ;-)
    WELCOME!

Got to correct something on my list, small mistake, but never the less.
    The Rascal is not from Country Gardens. I got that one form the last Order from Seed Sprout before she closed the site.

:-) AND it has buds on it. Can not wait to see what Rascal looks like.

Kasha I got it now ...sorry. I will write you a mail.

Lucy

• chena
    15 years ago

Mary...lmao!!

• wolfen
    15 years ago

Now that I have gotten over my "moment of grandour", I can feel better, but sheepish, for asking about cuttings of Jamie, Mountain Magic, and Golden Lady. If anyone would have these for postage, I would be so happy!
    Sandra

• napdognewfie
    15 years ago

Sandra, email me. I have Jamie (not trimmed yet, it has buds) & Golden lady.

Linda

• kasha77
    15 years ago

Hi Sue-
    Yes, the Frosty you gave me is huge- ready for cuttings at the end of the month! Anyone looking for some for trade or postage can email me. This thread is getting too long to download to check out!
    Thanks Sue!
    Kasha77

• neonposey
    Original Author
    15 years ago

You're right Kasha - this thread is beginning to take forever to download.

CONTINUING IN NEW POST - WHATS ON YOUR WANT LIST?? PART 2

• chena
    15 years ago

LOADS of good info here.... Check it out and be sure to CHECK OUT PART 2

• coleus23
    15 years ago

How does cuttings for postage and handling work?

Denise

• sibhskylvr
    15 years ago

Denise

When someone begins to cut their brugs - they offer the cuttings to others for the postage amount. I'm guilty too & love doing it! lol! I'll be doing it soon enough too! It's usually from $4.00 - $6.00 to ship one of the smaller boxes. I can get quite a few 6" cuttings in them! If it's a HUGE box - even then you can get a USPS priority 'flat rate' box for $9.80 & a larger one for around $11.00 - I think. Flat rate boxes can go anywhere in the US for one amount. There are many who do this considering the change in the USPS postal services. They consider the zone a person is in & the weight of the box. Hope the info is helpful to you! :)

Mike

• coleus23
    15 years ago

Thanks Mike,
    This helps me.This forum is like being in school. I've learned so much from yall.Everyone is so nice,fun.

Denise

• sibhskylvr
    15 years ago

I feel like I may be spamming on all threads! lol! But - I have to mention something. There are quite a few new people involved in the 'Secret Santa' fun-time this year! Please - post your wants! Whatever it is - post it! :) A few 'soft' or 'LOUD' hints can go along way! lol! Post! Post! Help us make each others Christmas a little brighter! It's going to be alot of fun for everyone involved!

Mike

• sibhskylvr
    15 years ago

Denise

You're welcome! :) Watch for my post in the very near future concerning brug cuttings for postage. Check out my trade list - may be something you can't live without! I love to share - or as others call it 'enable!' lol! Not that I would 'enable' anyone into the exciting world of brugs! No - not me! :)

Mike

• givelittle_getlots
    15 years ago

Mike I will send you at least 11 Dollars ....you go right ahead and enable me. I love getting a helping hand. Pedro lol

You're the best amongst the best!

Lucy

• chena
    15 years ago

Wanted to BUMP this up!!

JUST IN CASE!!!

• pagrdnr
    15 years ago

I have a trade on the way to me in the mail and I am waiting on one more person to send. I just want to say thank you to Suzie for starting this thread, I have gotten so many of my wants thanks to trades I set up through this thread. Also thank you to everyone I traded with and everyone who sent me brugs for postage. It has been a great experience and now I can't wait until spring to get them all growing and blooming!
    Shawn

• neonposey
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for the bump! I'm slowly working my way thru this thread. I've made some good trades and am now working on offers for postage until I run out of stuff to offer. Be patient my friends... I'm getting to you as fast as I can... lol.

I'm so glad others have made some good trades also. It keeps my mind off of the poor, poor bruggies sitting in the basement, although Frosty Pink did manage to squeeze out another bloom down there in the dark. LOL.

• chena
    15 years ago

Bumping this Again.. Now that some of your SS have come in it is a great time to update.. Some are still enjoying sunny and mild temps.. and of course that will come to a close before long for most..LOL
    May be able to snag a wish!!! OR help someone else out with their wish..
    Kylie

• neonposey
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thats a great idea Kylie, and thanks for the bump. I'm still making my way thru this thread (I know, I know - I'm slow) offering up what I have left, so don't give up hope on getting some of those wishes or maybe an unexpected surprise from someone.

But gosh, theres no way to top those SSanta boxes. Un-be-lievable! I have had the most fun reading those threads and actually got some great ideas for Christmas gifts.

And those of you just beginning to cut back your bruggies, if you have something to share, make someone's day by trying to fullfil a wish or two. Its sort of like the "Give a Kid a Coat" campaign, except it's more like "Give a Pal a Cutting" or "Give an Addict a Fix" LOL.

So everybody update your wish list or post again and Kylie I've noticed, you haven't posted any of your wishes.

• pagrdnr
    15 years ago

Hmmmm.... that is a good observation Suzy. Kylie you had better get some wishes posted, with all of the giving you are doing you deserve to have a lot of your wishes crossed off of YOUR list.

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    15 years ago

Kylie can be our 'Tambourine Man' :D We need a fix !

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths